Packaging Design Innovation Manager
Packaging Design Innovation Manager
Information about the role
About Global Brands
Global Brands is a cross divisional organisation of Walgreens Boots Alliance that aims to give WBA retail businesses, as well as global partners, a sustainable competitive advantage by combining great brands and innovative products with unparalleled commercial expertise and consumer insight. Global Brands is comprised of three pillars – Global Insights & Best Practice, Global Consumer Brands and Global Sourcing and Manufacturing - that work in close partnership together to ensure a collaborative, successful and truly global platform to give the businesses clear competitive advantages. Products in the Global Brands portfolio include Soltan, No 7, Well at Walgreens, Soap & Glory, Sleek Makeup, Liz Earle and Boots Pharmaceuticals.
Overview of the role
As Packaging Design Innovation Manager, working in the product design team, you will deliver innovative design led solutions across packaging, hardware and services for Global Consumer Brands to maximize consumer trial and loyalty.
You will work closely with innovation, consumer insights teams to explore research data and understand consumer tensions, using your technical expertise and creative thinking to translate these into actionable design and packaging briefs.
You will use a design led approach to explore and stretch our innovation propositions leading the delivery of visuals, mock ups and prototype models to bring concepts to life for stakeholders, brands and consumer engagement.
Your technical curiosity and comprehensive network will enable you to build knowledge of new technology innovations and potential opportunities. You will assess risk and feasibility of opportunities and with your understanding of the brand and consumer journey. You will build concepts to engage the business with drawing on your analytic thinking, creative problem solving skill and ability to bring new ideas to life.
You will lead collaborations with external partners to deliver insights and Innovation to delight the consumers of WBA global brands.
You will take the technical lead for design and packaging innovation projects e.g. interpret and assess technical drawings, lead the delivery of prototype tools, pilot, testing and optimising design for consumer and supply chain enabling smooth handover into the NPD delivery teams.
You will work in cross functional collaborative teams and use you strong influencing skills to gain buy-in, building strong productive relationships internally and externally.
You work across a large varied group of stakeholders including; Senior Product Design Manager, Category and Brand teams, Global Innovation teams, Global Sourcing & Supply, Global Insights and external research organizations, product, packaging suppliers, innovators and designers.
- Responsible for exploring, understanding and translating new and emerging technologies for packaging and design into new packaging, hardware and service opportunities
- Responsible for leading the creation of visuals and prototypes for engagement.
- Responsible for building a bank of product and packaging IP
- Responsible for leading supplier and Innovation partner relationships
- Responsible for delivering innovative packaging which optimises product form, function and sensorial experience to maximise customer first impression and trial as well as loyalty
- Responsible for leading Industrial design programmes.
- Technical lead for prototyping development - including commissioning, validating and qualifying new packaging tooling across multiple packaging technologies and pack formats.
- Responsible for assessing risk and feasibility of concepts and opportunities
- Responsible for delivery of packaging consistent with global packaging strategy
- Responsible for end to end value chain effectiveness of packaging solutions provided
Our Ideal Candidate
- Deep understanding of the rational and emotional drivers of consumer behaviour to unlock innovation growth
- Proven experience leading the development of new innovation opportunities from understanding unarticulated consumer truths.
- Able to apply deep consumer and shopper knowledge and understanding and creates fresh insight to identify new opportunities.
- Creates excitement within project teams and with stakeholders about what is possible.
- Takes full ownership of projects and leads them with determination and urgency. Understands different business models and applies commercial skills to building business cases.
- Displays a strong desire to think differently and outside organisational norms.
- Ability to use technical know how to solve problems and create business opportunities to enhance consumer value
What’s in it for you?
Alongside the usual benefits, such as an attractive salary and bonus package, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a cross functional group on some of the world's most desired brands, in one of the world's largest companies
He or she will join us at an exciting time as we recruit new talent to help us grow our brands globally, using our industry leading innovation and marketing, together with our retail partners, who help us to access over 13,000 shops in over 11 countries.
Apply for Packaging Design Innovation Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly