Global Brands is a cross divisional organisation of Walgreens Boots Alliance that aims to give WBA retail businesses, as well as global partners, a sustainable competitive advantage by combining great brands and innovative products with unparalleled commercial expertise and consumer insight. Global Brands is comprised of three pillars – Global Insights & Best Practice, Global Consumer Brands and Global Sourcing and Manufacturing - that work in close partnership together to ensure a collaborative, successful and truly global platform to give the businesses clear competitive advantages. Products in the Global Brands portfolio include Soltan, No 7, Well at Walgreens, Soap & Glory, Sleek Makeup, Liz Earle and Boots Pharmaceuticals.
Overview of the role
As Packaging Manager you will brilliantly lead a team of packaging technologists and technicians to deliver the NPD and Innovation for our Global Brands portfolio. You will work closely with Brand, Sourcing, Formulation and Compliance teams to maximize the opportunity for each development, and use your expertise to develop a high quality packaging offer.
- End-to-end packaging leadership on projects, from scoping and set-up, through to final manufacture and production.
- Owning and managing the project timings and technical risks for packaging that impact on delivery, cost or quality.
- Technical expert on all developed packaging components, including challenging suppliers, troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Leading a team of direct Packaging Technologists, and inspiring and motivating the wider packaging team. Coaching and developing team members, and managing performance through the annual performance cycle.
- Managing the resource allocation and efficiency for the team
- Collaboration with Innovation, Formulation, Claims, Compliance, Brand, Buying and Project Management to deliver innovative, consumer focused packaging.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a science graduate with a depth of experience of packaging development ideally within a global brands environment, with excellent track record of development and delivery of new packaging formats from concept to market for cosmetic products.
Direct experience of primary packaging development, including component tooling, is fundamental, as well as a great understanding of packaging suppliers and the manufacturing environment. You will need to be a great people leader who thrives on delivering results through your team and is passionate about developing people to reach their potential.
What’s in it for you?
Alongside the usual benefits, such as an attractive salary and bonus package, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a cross functional group on some of the world's most desired brands, in one of the world's largest companies
He or she will join us at an exciting time as we recruit new talent to help us grow our brands globally, using our industry leading innovation and marketing, together with our retail partners, who help us to access over 13,000 shops in over 11 countries..