Account Manager – Progression Opportunities - Packaging
ACCOUNT MANAGER – PROGRESSION OPPORTUNITIES (PK5187)
£25K PLUS (dependent on experience) + 30 Days Holiday Including Bank Holidays + Pension + Profit Share after 12 Months Service
Our client is a leading packaging manufacturer based in Lancashire, they are currently looking to recruit an Account manager who to contribute and drive sales and growth through the Sales team.
Our client will consider candidates from the packaging industry or a graduate level candidate, they are ideally looking for someone with the aptitude to progress to supervisory and eventually management.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Ensure maximum order input by sales team.
- Maintain impeccable level of customer service.
- Create and communicate weekly sales figures documents to relevant personnel.
- Communicate with Supply Chain (Procurement & Logistics) colleagues to ensure prompt and efficient delivery of goods to customers.
- Ensure best prices from suppliers.
- Effectively manage the sales team including monitoring their workload; authorise holiday requests; sickness / absence reporting; conduct back to work interviews; set and monitor bonus objectives.
- Establish and monitor customer performance and introduce and develop sales and marketing strategies to meet present and future challenges.
- Assist and develop team members via coaching, training and regular skill assessment.
- Monitor and report on KPIs such as conversion rates and new business rates.
- Handover orders to Production efficiently ensuring goods manufactured to customer requirements.
- Monitor and implement quality control programmes.
- Review performance of direct reports via appraisals and reviews.
- Contribute to Sales / Op meetings ensuring Production and Supply Chain are given necessary information / feedback from customers.
- Ensure follow up of actions from meetings.
- Establish and sustain clear communication channels between Sales and Production via relevant personnel for the benefit of the customer.
- Ensure all direct reports have necessary product knowledge and are fully aware of manufacturing capabilities.
- Ensure up-to-date price lists at all times.
- Conduct monthly stock reviews with the necessary departments to ensure optimum control of customer accounts.
- Have an in depth knowledge of Abaca to aid control of area of responsibility.
- Visit customers and collect samples where necessary.
- Co-ordinate activities between Sales, Production and Supply chain to ensure customer needs and expectations are fully met.
- Work across functional boundaries to resolve issues.