Area Sales Manager - Beauty Packaging
NEW VACANCY! (PK5181)
AREA SALES MANAGER
ANY UK LOCATION
Attractive Salary and Benefits Package (Dependent on experience)
Our client is a world class packaging supplier providing solutions to multinational FMCG businesses. They currently require an Area Sales Manager to build successful and profitable customer relationships, whilst managing the effective delivery of multiple complex sales orders and projects.
The role is predominately field based with external interaction with key customers, allocation of accounts will depend on geography of the successful candidate. There will be regular travel to the office and occasional international travel required.
You will be managing an inherited portfolio of accounts and will also be tasked with generating and developing new business with a 60/40 split.
Our client requires someone with specific industry related experience within primary packaging for Cosmetic, Toiletries or Fragrance markets although would be open to suggestion where transferable skills may be appropriate.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and advise customers on new project developments ensuring all the required specification can be met whilst achieving the required profit margin.
- Generate new sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner.
- Present price, credit and terms in accordance with standard procedures.
- Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve related sales and customer satisfaction.
- Follow Company marketing and calling procedures and policies.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales goals.
- Maintain complete and accurate records.
- Excellent negotiating and relationship building/management skills.
- Used to dealing with demanding customers.
- The ability to digest and understand technical specifications and retain product knowledge to assist the customers achieve their requirements.
- Confident, tact and a persuasive manner.
- Articulate and accurate.
- Good business sense with a commercial understanding.
- Remains organised under pressure.
- Excellent ownership and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle difficult situations whilst remaining calm.
- Work as part of a team, supporting colleagues as and when required.
- Ability to follow an internal process.
- A positive attitude towards change.
- Preferred technical understanding of materials and processes.
- IT literate.