Machine Technicians - Conversion (Casemaker)
PK5186 - MACHINE TECHNICIANS – CONVERSION (CASEMAKER)
EAST MIDLANDS (Please contact me for further location details)
Salary Band £25K - £35K (dependent on experience) + Overtime + Excellent Benefits & Training
Double Days (5:30am – 1:30pm & 1:30pm - 9:30pm)
Permanent Nights (9:30pm – 5:30pm)
Weekend Shift (2 x 12 hour shift plus 6 hours banked, this role is for a top level Caskemaker)
Our Client is a major corrugated manufacturer and packaging materials supplier, providing packaging solutions to a variety of markets throughout the UK.
They are currently looking to recruit a number of Machine Technicians (casemaker) to join their expanding production team, offering the opportunity to join their leading corrugated cardboard manufacturing company.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing environment and operating any Casemaking machinery and have an understanding of the corrugated production processes.
My Client will also consider training a Machine Operator with a different skill set i.e. Corrugated or Die Cutter.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Ensure all equipment is in a safe and serviceable condition
- Enforce and promote safety and housekeeping in your area of work
- Make sure high standards of product quality are maintained at all times
- Ability to prioritise, organise and allocate work accordingly
- Carry out quality control checks on finished product and complete QA paperwork
- Machine set up between different jobs and ensure set time targets are met
- Carry out basic maintenance tasks on the machine
- Actively promote increases in machine efficiency to achieve budgeted targets of production uptime, speed and casemaker waste
- Ensure effective handovers between shifts are achieved
- Complete all paperwork to communicate issues and maintain standards and performance
- To report safety and hazard faults to ensure all work is carried out safely
- Ensure a rapid response to machine failures and breakdowns and inform relevant departments (planning and despatch)
- Ensure cleaning schedules are kept up to date (daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly checks)
- The role will involve working as part of a Production team; requiring a good communicator and motivator, who is willing to take part in problem solving and continuous improvement exercises
- The right candidate will be hardworking, dedicated, reliable, flexible and willing to learn and embrace new skills
- Candidate’s will be highly competent in operating all aspects of the machine and associated ancillary equipment safety to ensure machines run efficiently and correctly to customer requirements