Slitter / Rewind Operator
NEW VACANCY! (PK5206)
SLITTER / REWIND OPERATOR LEICESTERSHIRE
Salary dependant on experience + benefits
Various shift patterns available
Our client is a globally active manufacturer, offering professional and innovative packaging solutions to customers around the world in industries such as human and pet food production, pharmaceuticals and beverages.
They currently require a Slitter Rewinder to operate a Comexi Turret slitter. Reporting to the Shift Manager you will be required to produce slit products to printer and customer specifications.
- Prepare reels to exact specification, paying attention to the often wide range of requirements
- Process the transfer of reels to Despatch
- Carry out continuous quality checks throughout production runs
- Query and resolve any discrepancies on changing specifications eg. core weights
- According to list, run different machines, ensuring optimum speed with regard to maximising quality standards and production levels, and minimising wastage
- Accurately complete required documentation for each job
- Regularly clean the print area and equipment/machinery, completing necessary documentation
- Wear necessary protective clothing at all times
- Report any malfunctioning equipment and any other health and safety risks to your manager
- Adhere to policy and procedure relating to:
- Health and Safety
- Employee Handbook
- Any other duties as reasonably required
The ideal candidate will have previously operated slitting machinery. Rewinder and Reel to Reel Operators will also be considered.