Process Improvement Expert - Corrugated
We are currently working with one of the worlds’ leading and most recognisable packaging organisations. As a result of an initiative aimed at delivering continual operations best-practice their corrugated packaging division is looking to hire an operations expert in the title of Corrugated Improvement Lead to develop & support the corrugator experts network by leading and implementing process improvement and loss eliminations across the division.
- As a result of a global strategy aimed at delivering excellence in the converting process the organisation has devised a continuous improvement strategy and toolkit to be rolled out across each territory.
- In this position you will be responsible for supporting projects across the 60+ operational sites
- Develop and support the converting experts network to enhance and implement good best practice and methods across the division, leading and supporting major initiatives aiming for process improvement and loss eliminations.
- Focused on board and box performance and integrity you will ensure best practice supports the development of more consistent and stronger products.
- Provide technical leadership and partner with operational teams to effect controllable waste improvement and reduce raw material usage.
- Cultivate the concept of Future Corruagtor focused on supporting the regions in upgrading current assets.
- Ensure a coherent maintenance strategy to preserve the functionality of all critical machines while also helping to contribute to improved product performance. Through collaboration with the Engineering Improvement lead you will work to create systems to ensure standardization and maintenance programmes on converting lines.
- Knowledge and understanding of the corrugated manufacturing process is essential to be considered for this position.
- Degree qualified in engineering, process or technology along with qualifications in Health & Safety is highly sought after.
- A keen advocate for lean principles with proven lean transformation experience and change management.
- Analytical and conceptual skills.
- With a strong will to deliver results you will have an infectious drive to affect change.
- With excellent communication skills you will be adaptable and able to engage with different levels within a business.
- Proven project management skillset with the ability to develop and connect with others at various levels.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills with the proven ability to set a vision.
- Culturally adaptable you will be able to understand and work with a variety of motivations and agendas.
- Fluent English and an additional European language would be highly sought after.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing LEAN, Kaizen, Six-Sigma.
- Minimum of 5 years in an operational leadership position within packaging.
With a need to strengthen their leadership talent pool specifically within operations this is a fantastic opportunity for career-driven and highly aspirational individuals to join a true powerhouse within the packaging industry.
Please apply by emailing your up to date CV and full package details to: