Packaging Technologist/Senior Packaging Technologist - Southern Home Counties
To work in a very established & fast growing beauty, healthcare and pharmaceutical manufacturing company.
Reporting to the Packaging Development Manager, you will be responsible for effective packaging development from contract to full service briefs. The role involves working closely with the NPI, Technical, Production and Purchasing teams.
We are a fast paced manufacturing environment, which necessitates both flexibility and enthusiasm. Attention to detail and the importance of accurate colour distinction are both essential to this role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in the facilitation of packaging development of new products for new and existing customers, contract and full service briefs.
· Working with customers to understand and interpret requirements and translating into packaging criteria
· Sourcing, selecting and developing packaging components suitable to meet customer briefs, cost targets, supplier capabilities & our factory facilities
· Managing and completing all packaging requirements for New Product Introductions, delivering them on time and to customer satisfaction
· Advising customers and Account Managers/NPI Team throughout development of technical packaging considerations to reduce risk and add value
· Clear and concise application of a wide range of packaging, materials and print knowledge
· Develop close working relationships with the engineers and factory operators, to ensure detailed understanding of the factory capability, and application of this knowledge to customer packaging selection
· Generating, maintaining and communicating details of packaging specifications and technical drawings
· Writing packaging elements of Packing Specifications including label positioning, tolerance and orientation, torques, and batch code specifications etc.
· Specifying packaging from primary to tertiary, to ensure product is safely delivered to the consumer throughout the supply chain to the end consumer
· Responsibility for advising on packaging requirements and managing trials through the factory, including all packaging testing, pre-production trials, press samples, production standards etc.
· Quickly and efficiently investigating and finding resolutions to packaging, factory, customer complaints and quality issues
· Continually developing knowledge and understanding of innovation and creativity in packaging products, materials and services, their feasibility and associated costs
· Reviewing and advising on the feasibility of customer artwork to meet factory and printer capabilities and product costs
· Continually looking for and developing packaging cost saving initiatives, and ways to increase efficiency
· Establishing the suitability of packaging suppliers through site visits, catalogues, websites etc. Understanding supplier strengths/weaknesses, latest lead times, development strategies and latest technologies and proposing them for the business supply strategy
· Identifying new supply opportunities through trade fairs, training/lecture opportunities and packaging publications
· Developing a close working relationship with suppliers and industry experts to draw on for technical knowledge
· Confidence in colour matching and attending and approving packaging production and print runs
· Carry out other associated projects and duties as determined by the Packaging Development Manager / Technical Director
Skills/Experience required ...
- IOP Diploma or equivalent & relevant industry experience – essential
- Good range of technical knowledge and experience - essential
- Keen interest in New Product Development for the Health and Beauty Industry
- Demonstrate ability to efficiently plan, organise and manage own tasks and deliver them to deadlines – essential
- Ability to work individually or collaboratively as a member of a team - essential
- Good people management skills
- Ability to organise, prioritise and multi-task workload
- Flexibility and an ability to react and respond positively to changes in priority and workload
- Ability to retain focus and maintain a calm demeanour under pressure
- Ability to exhibit a professional demeanour and consistently apply the highest ethical standards when dealing with employees, colleagues, suppliers and customers
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to actively listen and influence others
- Good verbal communication skills and negotiating skills
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation
- A good eye for colour - The importance of accurate colour distinction in this role will require that the candidate undergoes colour vision testing.
Apply for Packaging Technologist/Senior Packaging Technologist - Southern Home Counties
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Research and development Rigid plastics jobs in East Sussex
- Research and development Pharmaceutical and healthcare jobs in East Sussex
- Research and development FMCG jobs in East Sussex
- Research and development Beauty and cosmetics jobs in East Sussex
- Research and development Packaging materials jobs in East Sussex