Packaging Innovation - Commercialisation Manager
Solving both customer & market needs by developing & commercialising innovative packaging solutions, we are looking for a hands-on entrepreneural, experienced & analytical packaging innovation/commercialistion manager with diversified experience within the product lifecycle & product supply chains. You will be focusing on taking new products from the prototype stage to manufacturing & scale up and launch. Work directly with technology owners, suppliers & internal teams to activate innovative packaging solutions in the market.
- Drive product commercialization project schedules including working through roadblocks to deliver new products on-time and on-budget.
- Lead and manage cross-functional teams to drive results
- Plan production runs including pilot and initial build runs
- Develop final, technical product specifications (e.g. formula specs, packaging specs, BOMs, quality standards).
- Create and implement development plans within supply chain to advance innovation pipeline opportunities and objectives in response to market feedback and expectations.
- Lead project reviews with internal and external senior executives.
- Travel as needed to meet with technology owners, suppliers and service providers (approximately 30%)
- Collaborate with other members of the Innovation team including Sales, Marketing, Project Management, Product Development, Strategic Sourcing, and Quality Assurance to lead a successful scale up process for new product lines.
- Establish, manage and monitor key performance metrics for suppliers, CMs, and customer feedback.
- Prepare and maintain project budgets and assist in developing financial targets
Required Qualifications /Experience:
- Degree in Engineering, Packaging, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or related field
- 5+ years experience in Food , FMCG or packaging manufacturing, operations, and/or program management
- Experience with multiple packaging substrates (paper, paperboard, coatings, resins, etc.) and manufacturing methods (thermoforming, extruding, die cutting, folding/gluing, etc.)
- Quick learner and ability to apply technical competency in a hands-on manner
- Familiarity and experience running design of experiment studies and technical troubleshooting based on scientific principles.
- Background with manufacturing methods, process and continuous improvement programs and procedures.
- Program management experience in new product introduction and successfully introduced new products to volume production
- Direct responsibility for defining production process/supply chain and equipment requirements for new product manufacturing
- Outstanding writing, presentation and communication skills with experience communicating and presenting to senior management
- Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key internal and external partners that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
- Demonstrated ability to own projects, think big, act quickly, and influence across all levels of an organization
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization / time management and problem solving skills