Senior Packaging Technologist/Innovator - Leading Beauty & Fragrance Brands
- You will be responsible for creating and enabling a game-changing Packaging innovation pipeline looking to resolve consumer tensions and increase market share for the largest fragrance company and a Challenger in the Beauty world.
- Personally leading developmental and executional projects with focus on resolving the most complex and difficult packaging technical challenges
- Building the organization in creating best-in-class expertise and capabilities across Packaging Development teams
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying new technical packaging innovation space opportunities to resolve key Luxury Consumers tensions and unmet needs, and drive market share for our brands
- Partnering with internal and external innovation thought leaders to ensure relevance and always be ahead of the game
- Identifying and exploiting innovation opportunities
- Defining a process and organizational structure for internal x-functional and external innovation sourcing.
- Leading & supporting projects
- Personal responsibility for defining and solving developmental and executional projects key technical challenges in cooperation with other R&D and manufacturing teams.
- Defining IP strategies for all innovation programs.
- Supporting global initiatives pipeline and leaders with technical rigor sponsorship through technology review & approval process
- Organization building & leadership responsibilities
- Co-lead Culture transformation program in sync with our values to enable ambitions be the best Packaging organization in the industry.
- Creating best-in-class expertise and capabilities across Packaging Development teams (coaching / sponsoring / teaching)
- Mentor and support the team in key business and technology decision.
- Actively building our equity and credibility with the external world, including Packaging suppliers, Design Agencies, Fashion Houses and the academic world.
- Engaging into Beauty and adjacent industry events and organisations to identify new trends, new opportunities, and influence the industry innovation agenda.
- Lead key supplier relationship building via personal connections and influence at highest levels.
Experience/Skills/Behaviours required for this role ......
· Serial innovator and trend setter, with a proven track record of delivery of industry winning innovations to market with excellence serving industry leading brands.
· Proven track record of bringing outside innovation in, acting like a start-up and leveraging the best of the outside into winning market innovations.
· Proven track record of having built significant organisational capability having led to industrial competitive advantage
· Technical excellence across a wide range of subject areas. These would preferably include many of: packaging technologies, materials science, analytical methods, manufacturing qualification, formulation chemistry and IP management.
· Having an industry-leading expertise in a specific technical area relevant to the Luxury Packaging industry.
· Innovating like a Start-up - Strongly connected and influential in and out of the Beauty & Luxury Packaging industry, specifically having demonstrated learning agility with an ability to identify and bring innovation from the outside in.
· Interpersonal skills enable positive “win for the team” collaboration with internal (ex. Supply Chain, Marketing, Planning, Procurement) and external partners (ex. Suppliers, Academics, Design Agencies)
· Organisation builder – Ability to develop and grow technical proficiency of a diverse and high-performance organisation, with specific skills in developing and growing talents and technology leaders of the future.
- Own it, drive it – Accountability and acting like an owner of the company at all times. The successful candidate will have to be a self-starter, driven to ride obstacles and relentless in the pursuit of challenging objectives.
- Be brave and go beyond – Delivering value to the business and organisation above and beyond expectations, and consistently beating goals.
- Think like a start-up – Acting like an entrepreneur, with agility and a sense of urgency in all matters. Making new un-obvious connections and looking to leverage the best of the existing and develop new solutions with ownership, agility and speed.
- Live Beauty, Breath Beauty – an intimate knowledge of the Beauty category and its consumers desires and delighters. A natural interest in serving most demanding consumer and being very close to competitive activity across Beauty and adjacent Luxury categories.
- Win for the Team – Looking to win first and foremost as a team, adding strong personal value in all matters including voicing disagreements, while backing decisions made. A positive attitude, assuming good intent in colleagues and not engaging in office politics.
Apply for Senior Packaging Technologist/Innovator - Leading Beauty & Fragrance Brands
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly