This is an unusual role as a combined service engineer, project manager and aftersales revenue account manager for a small UK Sales & service office for a European manufacturer of packaging machinery with genuine prospects to actually run the company as Technical Director within the next 2 to 3 years
SALARY: up to £55,000 Base
BENEFITS: Choice of company car + Pension + Annual profit related bonus scheme after the first year
LOCATION: Homebased covering England and ideally living in central England on or between the M62 & M4 corridors. When you take over the running of the company they will be happy to set up and pay for a sales office local to your location.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, London
JOB SPECIFICATION - Service Manager
An unusual role involving on-site assistance with installations, offering service support to existing clients as well as project management, spare parts provision & change parts supply. You will be working closely with the current directors who will be retiring in 2018 and 2020/21 with a view to taking over the running of the business as Technical Director after that.
REQUIREMENTS - Service Manager
• You WILL have a proven track record as an installations/commissioning engineer &/OR as a project manager
• Any specific experience of working with or within the packaging and processing machinery market would be advantageous as would experience working within or with the personal care and household goods markets.
• You will ideally be a qualified mechanical or electrical/electronic engineer capable of fault finding on PLCs.
• As this is a small company some 'hands on' engineering work will be required and you will be ambitious and happy to step up to run the company in the next 2 to 3 years.
• It would really suit an experienced Service Manager from within the PPMA who will likely have all of the above experience required.
• For someone with this background experience with the food &/or pharmaceutical market is perfectly acceptable.
A well established and profitable UK sales and service office for a European manufacturer of packaging machinery supplying the personal care and household goods markets. They have a long established and loyal UK client base and 95% of their work is with existing clients. They offer project management, installations and service support and also reactive new machinery sales where required by clients.
Are excellent. You will be expected to take over and run the company as Technical Director in the next 2 to 3 years when the current directors retire.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct. We will be shortlisting for this role in mid-February and if shortlisted you will hear from us then.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Mike Horsley quoting Service Manager reference MPH1801-96 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683302 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.