My client is global player in plastic conversion specifically focusing on the packaging market. Serving a client base with both consumer-facing and industrial solutions this organisation specialise in the manufacturing of moulded plastic packaging in a variety of shapes and sizes. As a result of a recent organisational reshuffle they wish to appoint someone to their senior leadership team in the position of Operations Manager.
- Reporting to the General Manager you would be fully P+L responsible for a circa £30-£35m turnover manufacturing site.
- This position will have a number of direct reports including; manufacturing, engineering, supply-chain, quality, health & safety and planning in addition to 140+ indirect reports.
- Given the legacy of this facility you will be expected to harness your expertise and influencing skills to build upon the continuous improvement agenda within the business.
- Budget Management – with full P+L you will also be responsible for forecasting, production planning and the ultimate financial performance of this site.
- Utilise root-cause analysis to drive a “right first time” to quality management, seeking to maintain an industry-beating level of OTIF.
- Evidence of driving continuous improvement in a diverse manufacturing environment, ideally within plastic conversion for packaging.
- Ideally 5+ years of experience in manufacturing.
- Ability to demonstrate high leadership capability – driving cultural change whilst also coaching and mentoring others to enhanced performance.
- Evidence of strategic thinking – delivering a roadmap for long-term success and the results of this.
- High emotional intelligence, able to engage at both a board-level and the shop-floor.
- Degree education would be advantageous, as would knowledge of Lean Six Sigma.
- Although this role does not hold ultimate responsibility for sales it is paramount that you are strong in front of the customer, able to leave a lasting impression of professionalism.
This is a career opportunity not a job so we invite applications from committed, career minded individuals.
Please apply by emailing your up to date CV and full package details to: email@example.com
Unfortunately due to the volume of responses our team are unable to acknowledge every response and therefore if you do not hear from us within 28 days it is likely that your application has not been successful
Apply for Operations Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly