NEW VACANCY! (PK5228)
NPI ENGINEER WORCESTERSHIRE
Holiday entitlement is 25 days per year, and the other various benefits include: Pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefit, bonus scheme, child care vouchers, discounted gym membership and use of the golf club
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8:30 – 5:00pm
Our client is a leading printed packaging manufacturer currently looking to recruit a New Product Introduction Engineer, reporting into the Quality & Technical Manager, to Lead all project engineering (NPI) requirements / activities for new projects and support all product / supplier related issues and meet customer expectations. In this demanding role you will be responsible for ensuring that the products manufactured by the company are of the highest performance.
You will be required to liaise with customers, suppliers, relevant trade associations and universities.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of process documentation from pre-press to production for NPI, including but not limited to- Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plan, Work Instructions, Packing Instructions - Organise and Facilitate POP activities.
- Conduct training and mentoring for NPI - Support Design and Feasibility process for NPI and Engineering Change.
- Support CI and 6 Sigma programmes.
- Actively support Process/customer concern investigation activities using Global 8d techniques
- Ensure that the customers and companies quality objectives and requirements are identified and support the operations to make sure they are applied
- Maintain, update and control current production documentation.
- Actively supporting quality improvement and cost reduction initiatives and presentations
- Appropriate analytic tasks to root cause problem solve production, customer or supplier related issues
- Management of innovation needs into full commercialisation
- Help drive a continuous improvement culture on site through the implementation of key projects
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience required in Manufacturing/Quality environment.
- Experience in the Print industry would be desirable.
- Project management experience including NPI introduction
- Able to create timing plans / APQP deliverables
- Experience of Just in Time
The ideal candidate will have Creativity & Innovation Traits: Good Problem Solving & Analysis skills: and be able to utlise your existing Technical/Functional Expertise.
You must also have all relevant training and awareness for onsite Health & Safety Competences.