EU Technical NPD Manager - Flexible location/multi site
The role of the EU Technical NPD Manager is to maintain and grow the cooking solutions business through the commercialisation of new projects within microwave /ready meals food packaging.
· To lead the development and commercialization of new microwave / ready meals packaging structures.
· To provide specific technical support and advice for cooking solutions projects to the sales team and specific key customers.
· To be main European point of contact on cooking solutions for Global R&D.
· To offer operational support for continuous improvement.
· To develop and maintain effective relationships with key customer contacts.
· To identify business opportunities, new technologies and threats in the market.
· Meet with customers across Europe to assess their food packaging needs, design cook testing/analysis, and use results to develop new microwave packaging concepts.
· Conduct research and development on the incorporation of microwave heating technology into food packaging.
· Offer customer guidance on the interaction between the food & functional packaging.
· Writes materials, manufacturing, and performance specifications for new microwave packaging products.
· Compose detailed reports on research findings and present these to senior staff and customers.
· Optical analyses in support of MW, and other initiatives including cooking analysis, and reverse engineering for the detailed breakdown of individual components of samples for thickness, structural ID, etc.
· Assists in material-related projects and programs
- Consistently work to achieve agreed cooking solutions new business sales targets.
- Identify suitable potential target customers for new business opportunities.
- Maximise new business opportunities, in terms of profitability, suitability and the company’s marketing positioning.
- Continually project the Company name and present its products to potential customers.
- Contribute to exiting customer business strategy plans and negotiations, as appropriate.
- Ensure commerical, marketing & sales teams are fully briefed on existing and new customer requirements at all times.
- Submit details of activity and forecasts as appropriate
- Safeguard the company’s interests in regard to confidential commercial information.
- Establish competitor activity within customers and identify threats to or weaknesses in existing key business categories, and report fully on.
· BSc in Food Technology, Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or Chemical Engineering is preferred.
· Computer literacy – specifically spreadsheet and presentation software
· MS or higher is a benefit.
· MS Project would be an advantage
· Food technology, packaging technology, material science / analysis or lamination would be ideal
· knowledge of the interaction of microwave energy with food and food ingredients.
· Direct customer communication, reports / presentations.
· Complex project management.
· Understanding of wet-chemistry laboratory techniques including: extractions, formulary, mixing, pH, viscosity, NVR, etc.
· Fluent English
· Ability to work in multi-cultural environment
· Additional languages would be an advantage
- Available to travel within Europe & the US when required.
· Effective internal negotiation skills.
· Ability to identify and analyse threats/opportunities.
Key Interfaces : Global R&D, Marketing/Sales/Commercial teams, Production, Design, Commercial. Major food & retail companies.
Apply for EU Technical NPD Manager - Flexible location/multi site
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Research and development Cartonboard jobs in East Midlands Region
- Research and development Rigid plastics jobs in East Midlands Region
- Research and development Design and branding jobs in East Midlands Region
- Research and development Food jobs in East Midlands Region
- Research and development FMCG jobs in East Midlands Region