- ·To be responsible for the technical development and project management of packaging components,performed in line with the concept and product briefs agreed with Global Marketing and as directed by the Head of Packagin
- To ensure that the components developed satisfy both the functional and aesthetic aspects of the brief in a cost effective, technically competent, values led and timely manner. To support the Head of Packaging in negotiations with suppliers to trouble shoot and solve problems as issues arise
- Propose optimal technical solutions, review mould design, develop technical drawings and makes/organises models upon requirements
- Carry out technical approval testing in accordance with the procedures and methods defined in the packaging design quality system and records the results
- Ensures design and expertise (Drawings, test reports, etc.) records are archived
- To liaise with the chosen Contract Filler(s) ensuring that the technical specification of the components being developed allows efficient handling on the selected production line(s). To attend and approve both component and finished goods line trials and production start-up as directed by the Head of Packaging.
Experience required for this role :
· Demonstrate extensive understanding of all technical processes and material used in the production of Toiletry, Skincare and Cosmetic components and finished goods.
· A sound knowledge of the potential suppliers of components, including their background, strengths and weaknesses.
· Knowledge of Sustainable Packaging, Post Consumer Recycled plastics, Life Cycle Analysis
· A proven creative and proactive approach to problem solving to reconcile the aesthetic and functional desires of Category Management and Design with the inherent technical, cost and timing constraints.
· Project management
· Good communication, negotiation & interpersonal skills
· Computer literate in all major Microsoft programmes
· Ideally holding the IOM3 Diploma in Packaging Technology or related Technical, Sciene, Packaging Degree
· 5 years + experience in Packaging Development arena
Apply for Packaging Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Packaging Technologist Equipment and machinery jobs in East Sussex
- Packaging Technologist Pharmaceutical and healthcare jobs in East Sussex
- Packaging Technologist FMCG jobs in East Sussex
- Packaging Technologist Luxury jobs in East Sussex
- Packaging Technologist Beauty and cosmetics jobs in East Sussex