Product Manager - Beauty
Product manager to work in a passionate New Product Development team - conscientious and enthusiastic with sound methodical work ethic, a friendly manner, a passion for producing great products and the experience to manage the development and introduction of new product concepts from mood board through to market for our successful brands and other licenses.
You will explore potential new market opportunities and deliver well researched efficacious products, generating growth across the business. High standards of conceptual thinking, creativeness and copywriting ability are essential, in addition to commercialism, professionalism, attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines all being crucial for the effectiveness and success of the role.
The successful candidate will become part of a close knit team and enjoy the benefits of working within a small business with great opportunity for personal growth. If you are excited by the world of beauty and design, ready to inspire and be inspired by others and looking for a career path this is an ideal opportunity !
Role and Responsibilities
- Report to Brand Director
- Agree overall development brief with Brand Director and create a design, perfume and packaging brief.
- Project manage relevant developments from concept brief to launch. Develop critical path time lines for all relevant projects and ensure successful completion.
- Sourcing new packaging and review of trends, managing external agency activities where necessary. (Design, printing etc).
- Understand retail and consumer environment aided by visiting stores with Sales Managers on a regular basis, reporting back interesting findings to team and management.
- Carry out or supervise all administration duties relevant to this role.
- Responsible for the planning, management and tracking of project budgets and cost constraints.
- Responsibility for target costing and commercial feasibility and viability for new projects.
- Pro-actively solve problems relating to design, development and production.
- Daily liaison with Far East teams and UK factories to ensure projects are on track.
- Input into in-store communications and various marketing initiatives.
- Present product programme in such a way as to motivate sales force and provide them with all appropriate tools to sell to the retailers.
- Respond to and follow up enquiries from, sales team, buying team, operations team, PR and finance team.
- Full project management and competence with the new product development cycle.
- Commercial understanding, competency with margins and how cost of goods effect RSP’s.
- Excellent English language and numerical skills essential
- Excellent excel, word and Powerpoint skills essential
- Design software skills advantageous
- Attention to detail essential with technical packaging experience preferred.
- Problem solver, especially being able to ‘think outside of the box’
- Ability to take responsibility for a wide range of tasks as per job description
- Team player
Work experience requirements
- 3 + years experience within a similar product development role
- Project management experience essential
- Previous experience within the beauty / toiletries markets advantageous but not essential.
- Far East sourcing and development experience advantageous