New Business Development Executive - Thermoformed Packaging
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE - THERMOFORMED PACKAGING
NORTH OR SOUTH UK
Attractive salary (to be discussed subject to the candidate skills) + fully expensed car (premium standard) + bonus based upon target and profit + contributory pension scheme + 20 days, holiday plus statutory + business equipment
Our client is a privately owned thermoform manufacturer with presence in all sectors. The company have a fantastic modern facility, long standing employees, and low staff turnover. The business is passionate, pragmatic and has a strongly networked management team. Operating within the consistently flourishing thermoformed packaging sector, the profitable business has one UK site which is AA Grade BRC awarded. The business has a terrific reputation in the market with a good share in the specific areas of the sector they serve. Planning for dynamic growth across sectors as a steadfast and keystone supplier, the requirement has arisen for a highly motivated New Business Development Executive, to take a key part in growing their share of the business across sectors.
You will take on a geographical region of the UK in either the North or South. With a focus on new business development, the role will require a sharp eye for innovation, a bright ability to spot and capitalise upon opportunities to grow our bespoke business across a range of sectors, and a dedicated approach to customer relationship management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Grow sales to budget across your geographical area across all sectors maximising upon all opportunities.
- Foster relationships and ensure margin growth of a number of “larger” customers (key accounts).
- Develop bespoke opportunities for the business to secure long-term growth with clients.
- Drive tenders and all external enquiries.
- Achieve yearly budgeted sales volume.
- Co-ordinate and update sales volume forecasts.
- Opportunity tracking and development.
- Track market developments with particular emphasis on innovation.
- Co-operate with other team members working to the overall benefit of the team and business.
- Excellent communicator with an ability to influence internal and external stakeholders with a team acumen.
- Proven track record of 1-3 years + in selling ‘solutions’ and value rather than just manufacturing product requirements.
- Good communication and negotiation skills, able to negotiate at “blue chip” NPD, packaging technologist and senior buyer level.
- Demonstrable success building multi-level relationships with customers.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- Creative thinker with ability to think laterally.
- Self-starter with outgoing personality, positive with happy disposition.
- Understand NPD and bespoke.
- Ability to liaise meaningfully with customer services, production, technical and other stakeholders.
- Understanding of thermoforming would be an advantage but not crucial, packaging and origination experience preferred.
- “Office” skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint online CRM).