Sales Development Manager - Plastics
NEW VACANCY! (PK5253)
SALES DEVELOPMENT MANAGER SOUTH / MIDLANDS
Job Title: Sales Development Manager
Job Family: Sales
Reports to: Head of Sales (General Manager in the absence of)
Salary: £35K + Bonus + Car/Allowance
Our client offers an unrivalled level of service and support in plastic packaging to a variety of markets from food through to agrochemical with the simple philosophy to deliver added value to all customers through superior service levels.
To research, identify and target new products, market sectors and customers in line with agreed business strategy and plans. Using a structured approach to take the product range of into unexplored markets and convert sales leads into orders.
- Support the Head of Sales in the generation of the sales strategy and targets.
- Be able to manage and set own budgets, targets and strategies to help deliver and contribute to the company’s growth.
- Implement the agreed sales development plan, winning new business and managing resources to the agreed budget targets.
- Target and develop new sales relationships to increase sales volume and maximise profitability.
- Provide detailed market analysis (including competitor activity and market trends) to support strategic business development.
- Acquire and maintain a thorough knowledge of the relevant market sectors to identify and exploit business opportunities.
- Project manage the introduction of new customers into the business ensuring their effective handover to the account management teams.
- Provide accurate short, medium and long-term forecasts as necessary to support business planning activities.
- Proactively promote the business and its products in a professional manner and seek to convert new sales leads in new markets.
Educational and professional:
- Degree or equivalent (graduate calibre).
- 2+ years experience in a similar sales role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of a manufacturing environment preferably food, chemical or FMCG background.
- Budget management.
- Selling skills.
- Communication/presentation skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Product knowledge.
- Good knowledge of the business/manufacturing process.
- Commercial awareness (including estimating/pricing).
- PC skills (include. Powerpoint/excel).
- Project management.
- Market assessment techniques.
- Numerical /Verbal reasoning skills.
- Technical awareness.