Origination Artwork Coordinator
NEW VACANCY! (PK5259)
ORIGINATION ARTWORK COORDINATOR
Salary dependent on experience (£20-29K) + 31 days holidays including UK bank holiday + Auto Enrol Pension + Free Parking + Childcare Vouchers + Skills Training & Development
- Our client is a major manufacturer of printed packaging for FMCG markets with a requirement for an onsite Origination Artwork Coordinator. Reporting directly to the Print Technical Manager you will be responsible for the transition of artwork from a customer’s initial concept through to approved print to enable us to produce a product that allows our client to achieve ‘best in class’ customer service. You will be required to:
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Liaise with external customers to assess new artwork, providing guidance on likely timescales and costs, and to ensure compatibility with company production capabilities.
- Attend customers pre-artwork meetings (either off or on site) when required.
- Coordinate information on design progress with the sales and customer services department and check all pdf / proofs before distribution to Customers and Sales.
- Use the PECAS system to produce and amend specification sheets containing information about approved colour target, production specifications, correct paper proofs and colour separations. Create job folders and briefs for both internal and external use.
- Co-ordinate with suppliers (Repro Houses and or Plate makers) to order plates for new approved designs and existing designs as required and to communicate progress internally on estimated and actual plate arrival to facilitate production planning. Report any issues to supplier and production and record all comments on origination spreadsheet.
- Check supplier’s invoices and if correct, approve, code and pass to Accounts for payment.
- To collect and store history for life of each design. This will include dates of submitting and approval of proofs.
- To undertake ad hoc tasks as directed by the Technical Print Manager or management at the Company’s discretion.
- To strive for continuous improvement in and follow best practice, BRC standards and achieve departmental procedural compliance.
Qualifications and Skills:
- You will be a reliable, self-motivated and enthusiastic team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and the capacity to work to demanding deadlines.
- Be proactive, organised and have a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrate personal accountability and have a ‘right first time’ approach.
- Demonstrate good communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Resilient and able to work well under pressure whilst continuing to make sound decisions.
- Have proven problem solving skills.
Previous knowledge of flexographic printing or origination having gained relevant work experience in a similar role is required. Minimum GCSE level including Maths and English to at least Grade C, or equivalent qualifications.
Apply for Origination Artwork Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly