Multi Skilled Shift Engineer - Packaging
NEW VACANCY! (PK5263)
MULTI SKILLED SHIFT ENGINEER –PACKAGING
Up to £35K + 25 days holidays per year + benefits include: Pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefit, bonus scheme, child care vouchers, discounted gym membership and use of the golf club
Hours – Continental Shift Pattern
Our client is a leading packaging manufacturer supplying a range of high quality packaging into food markets. They are currently looking to recruit a Multi Skilled Shift Engineer, reporting to the Engineering Manager with skills in repairing and maintaining a range of plant and equipment associated with a continuous production environment.
Main Purpose of the Job
- To ensure all plant and equipment is maintained and in good working order.
- To attend to breakdowns and make repairs safely, whilst keeping downtime to a minimum.
- Assist in making improvements to plant and equipment wherever possible.
- To provide support to the Engineering Team.
- To provide a hands on approach within the Engineering function.
- To diagnose breakdown problems when they occur and make safe repairs as necessary, seeking assistance if required.
- To work through a programme of maintenance tasks, using knowledge and experience to prioritise between urgent and routine activities.
- To support the other members of the engineering team through help, advice and achievement of the planned workload, in addition to working a reasonable amount of overtime in support of holidays.
- Manufacture parts for machinery as required.
- Implement improvements and think through the logic of machinery performance.
- Implement PPM as required.
- Assist the Engineering Manager to ensure that all contractors are adequately managed on site through correct induction and risk assessment.
- Ensure there are good standards of records and encourage ‘clean as you go culture’ to be maintained.
- Provide daily/weekly/monthly reports as required.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Broad knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
- Turning and Welding experience.
- Computer literate.
- Able to communicate effectively and build a reputation for reliability and service.
- Able to plan, prioritise and think ahead.
- Able to work using own initiative as well as to set procedures.
- Attention to detail.
- Resourceful (able to create solutions in a fast paced environment)
- Flexible (in order to do what needs to be done)
- Team player (in order to work well with other members of the team).
- Ability to be flexible with working hours.