Account Manager - Plastic Packaging
NEW VACANCY! (PK5283)
ACCOUNT MANAGER EAST MIDLANDS
Salary £30K + benefits
Our Client is a leading manufacturer of packaging for a variety of markets, chemical, Horticulture, lubricants, agrichemical, automotive and some food. This manufacturer is well established with a good reputation for quality products and service in the marketplace.
They are currently seeking an Account Manager in an office based role for day to day management of existing accounts and for development of new business.
- To create and maintain meaningful relationships with the allocated customer base in order to maximise profitable sales from the accounts.
- To prospect for new business both within the existing customer base and potential customers using the full product range available to Industrial UK.
- To produce an annual sales budget for each customer and monitor sales trends and activity to ensure the budget is achieved and amend forecast data as necessary.
- Liaise with field based sales team to arrange customer visits where specific requirements dictate this.
- Liaise with credit control, internal sales and customers to quickly resolve payment issues and minimise overdue payments.
- Manage all contract customer material reviews ensuring new price lists are issued to all customers in a timely manner and actioned by the customers.
- Produce a monthly sales report summarising activity and developments within the customer portfolio along with prospecting activity.
- Communicate all market intelligence gained to the Commercial Manager, General Sales Manager and the sales team.
- Support the Commercial Manager where necessary with appropriate tasks as delegated
The ideal candidate will;
- Have demonstrable selling skills with a proven track record in a customer facing role
- Have strong negotiating skills
- Maintain strong working relationships
- Work towards a set target
- Have good commercial acumen and the ability to compile accurate and concise reports