Based in Redruth, Cornwall
Job ref: JE/40724
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Keter Plastic is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of resin-based household and garden consumer products. With a focus on innovation driven by consumer insight, Keter provides an impressive range of furniture, storage and organization solutions. Keter Plastic is part of the Keter Group, a global enterprise that has been active for over 60 years. The Group operates 18 factories and two distribution centers in nine countries, and currently sells to over 100 countries around the world, maintaining sales offices in the majority of these markets.
They are now looking to recruit a Manufacturing Manager to be based at the manufacturing site in Redruth, Cornwall. The success candidate will ideally have a proven background in Manufacturing Management within the plastics sector. This role offers a fabulous opportunity within a global company in a truly picturesque part of the UK with real lifestyle benefits.
· To set and deliver growth by developing the team and achieving best in class standards
· Monitor manufacturing schedules and manage in-house capacity. Liaise closely with other departments to ensure production requirements and deadlines are achieved. Develop short and long term plans to successfully manage production volume changes
· Ability to set KPIs and ensure teamwork to targets and deadlines. Ability to interpret financial data and estimate costs.
· To work in partnership with Technical and Quality teams to ensure Quality and Productivity Improvement targets are achieved.
· To maintain a framework of improvement activity to support the implementation of cost reduction ideas developed by Kaizen, and the elimination of non-value added production activities
· Develop a culture of QUALITY FIRST philosophy, ensuring quality standards are achieved in terms of Right First Time (RFT). Ensure that non-conformance is challenged and counter-measures are agreed and implemented
· Ensure all customer requirements are met, and that all complaints are dealt with in a timely and professional manner with countermeasures implemented to reduce the likelihood of repetition of quality issue
· Manage Team performance via regular performance reviews, coaching, disciplinary & grievance, and support and the use of formal procedures.
· Train and mentor line managers. Recognise and develop potential with a view to succession planning.
· Develop training plans for team ensuring they are resourced.
· Management of colleague’s hours through the Time & Attendance (T&A) system, authorise minimum requirements for additional hours.
· Proactively lead the development of efficient HSE systems within own area and deliver self-reliance.
· Strong people orientated, hands-on, self-driven leader
· Process driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality, safety and business profit
· Natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
· Demonstrate and actively promote company values
· Ability to motivate, involve and engage colleagues to deliver departmental objectives
· Reliable, tolerant, determined and an empathic communicator with excellent leadership abilities
· Exceptional relationship building skills and able to recognise and deal appropriately with the differing needs of team members.
· Must develop credibility within the team to support Operations Director and act as Deputy in his absence.
· Proven track record in Manufacturing Management (Plastics preferred)
· Based in Operations but also requires a strong commercial understanding to ensure customer excellence is a given.
· NEBOSH Certificate / IOSH Managing Safely.
· Experience of cycle time reduction, high volume high complexity manufacturing
To apply please contact Jane Edwards
0044(0) 1789 207070
keter have retained Listgrove to manage this project on their behalf and all third party applications will be forwarded for their attention. Fees will not be payable to recruitment consultancies that send speculative candidate applications.
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove has offices in Stratford-upon-Avon, Düsseldorf, Lyon, Barcelona, Milan,
Amsterdam, Malmö and Dubai
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Visit us at the following exhibitions in 2017 & 2018: Interpack, Moulding Expo, fip Solutions, Kunststoffen, Interplas,
Fakuma, PlastMilan, Compounding World
Apply for Manufacturing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly