Senior Design Engineer
Senior Design Engineer – Hampshire
Job ref: EG/39077
Our client is a manufacturer of tailor made, high performance sealing solutions to the motorsport industry.
Their in house design and development facilities use the latest computer aided engineering software for 3D design and finite element analysis. With their bespoke test rig for rotary seals, they are able to develop and validate designs for both high speed and high pressure applications, with full data capture of temperature, torque, speed and pressure.
Due to continued growth, they are now looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join their busy projects team. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual, used to working in a fast paced environment, to make an instant impact.
· Project management of new products from enquiry through to production, including FEA, compiling drawings, specifications and project plans
· Preparing design and technical proposals for selected projects including cost generation
· Design of products and production and development tooling
· Assist sales and marketing to penetrate new markets when requested, supporting customer visits
· Keeping viable product notes to record evolving designs for future reference
· Keeping knowledge of new materials and technologies up to date to maximise the quality of design and cost effectiveness
· Training personnel as necessary to carry out specific duties and maintain support to production post product development
· Support the continuous improvement philosophy of the company
· Identify and assist with problem solving
· Assist in the customer management of all technical issues relating to new business opportunities
· Developing of internal systems
· Management and supervision of specified design engineers
· Ensuring all activities undertaken comply with company policies and procedures, and are in strict compliance with the Health & safety at work act, and other mandatory or advisory legislation
· Technical experience of product design of dynamic sealing for rotary applications is essential
· Experience within the Aerospace or Automotive industry in elastomer based manufacturing and assembly
· Knowledge of elastomer materials and their relative merits
· Ability to communicate and develop skills effectively at all levels within the business
· Computer literate and familiar with relevant software packages, specifically Inventor/Autocad
· Knowledge of non-linear FEA ideally MSC Marc software
· Experience in dealing with customers and suppliers at all levels of the business
To apply please contact Ellie George
0044(0) 1789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Ltd - Celebrating 40 Successful Years of UK and International Recruitment and HR Services
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Visit us at the following exhibitions in 2017: Arabplast, JEC World, European Coatings Show, Plastteknik, Interpack, Moulding Expo, fip Solutions, Kunststoffen, Interplas, Fakuma
Follow us on: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+,Blogger, Pinterest –
Member of: British Plastics Federation Business Support Network; The Packaging Federation; Society of Plastic Engineers
Apply for Senior Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly