Operations Manager Designate
Operations Manager Designate
Job ref: CST/39856
Salary: £50000 + benefits
Our client is a world leader in the supply of thermoset plastics and chemicals with manufacturing and distributors located worldwide. The company is a technology innovator delivering class leading thermoset moulding materials, textile chemicals and paper chemicals. They are seeking to appoint a manager who can learn the business as part of a succession plan for the current Operations Manager and are keen to receive applications from candidates ideally with a chemical or related manufacturing background who are interested in managing a complex and technically demanding operation.
Successor for the Operations Manager of a medium sized chemical factory employing c150 people and responsible for managing the production, engineering, HSE and warehouse functions. This is a hands-on role leading and directing the operational team across two key business areas to drive forward improvements in efficiencies, yield, productivity and manufacturing costs.
· Drive and support continuous improvement projects (e.g. quality, yield, process improvement, downtime reduction) across the whole site.
· Improve manufacturing systems through hands-on leadership to increase plant efficiency and customer responsiveness.
· Drive and implement KPIs appropriate to the business and ensure they are used to drive factory performance.
· Manage production and engineering resources effectively to meet the business plan.
· Provide guidance and support to subordinates.
· Work effectively with sales, customer service, quality, finance and technical personnel to ensure product quality and service levels are maintained to the required levels.
· Set expectations for subordinates and provide performance feedback.
· Work to ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
· Co-ordinate and support training of manufacturing personnel.
· Be an effective member of the Management Team.
· Demonstrate commitment to company guidelines and policies
· Where required represent the company externally with customers, suppliers and local/government authorities etc.
· Minimum 5 years Plant/Technical Supervisor/Leadership within manufacturing
· Experience in chemicals is a distinct advantage
· Degree level or equivalent in chemicals, materials science, chemical engineering or similar scientific discipline
· Positive people manager who leads from the front and is enthusiastic about building a strong manufacturing team
· Ideally a good understanding of polymer or chemical processing
· Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and able to demonstrate successful implementation within SMEs
· Effective and rigorous approach to problem solving
· Strong analytical skills
· Able to multi-task and oversee a range of manufacturing projects
· Taking a holistic approach and capable of making effective decisions
· Challenges status quo adopting an improvement oriented approach
· Service driven and results-focused
· Strong and robust character
· Hands-on and leads by example
· Clear communication (listening and expressing ideas)
· Observant and resourceful
· Strong work ethic
· Exhibits personal responsibility and takes ownership of tasks
· Strong team builder
· Continuous improvement mindset
· Maintains a professional image in all interactions
If you are interested in being considered for this role, you are encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity by forwarding your curriculum vitae and letter of application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The company has retained Listgrove to manage this project on their behalf and all third party applications will be forwarded for their attention. Fees will not be payable to recruitment consultancies that send speculative candidate applications.
To apply please contact Conrad Taylor
0044(0) 1789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove has offices in Stratford-upon-Avon, Düsseldorf, Lyon, Barcelona, Milan,
Amsterdam, Malmö and Dubai
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Visit us at the following exhibitions in 2017 & 2018: Interpack, Moulding Expo, fip Solutions, Kunststoffen, Interplas,
Fakuma, PlastMilan, Compounding World