Plastics – High Volume
Based in Oman
Job ref: CST/40068
Salary / Benefits: Executive packaging commensurate with experience
Our client is a large plastics manufacturer in the Middle East. Strategically located in Oman, the company is well positioned to meet customer requirements from production to delivery. Innovation is taken to its highest level and the business is setting the standard in plastics with patented technology and proprietary processes. Ongoing investment in technology and advanced logistics ensures the consistent delivery of a superior product across the globe.
Responsible for all aspects of the operations including - Manufacturing, Onsite Logistics, HSE, Packaging, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Facility and Process Maintenance. Ultimately responsible for all employees working at the site.
Key responsibilities and activities:
· Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
· Develops the manufacturing plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
· Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
· Responsible for the site’s efficiency, cost controls and overall profit and loss.
· Accelerate implementation of interim procedures to manage change better and maximize yields.
· Assists company officers and senior staff members in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
· Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
· Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
· Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
· Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
· Ensure that all workings are manufactured in a correct, cost effective and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements.
· Contribute towards the achievement of strategic and operational objectives
· Examine financial data/statements and utilize them to improve profitability
· Perform quality controls and monitor production KPI’s
· Recruit, train, supervise and appraise human resources
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business Administration.
· At least 20+ years of progressively responsible experience within the plastics industry for a major company or division of a large corporation.
· Within the 10 years, the candidate should have at least 5 years of managerial experience.
· Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to manage and organize the work load and team efforts across different functions.
Skills & Competencies:
· Demonstrate high levels of Leadership and Decision Making capabilities.
· Experience of working in the Middle East and managing teams of mixed nationalities
· Prior experience of managing large scale operations is essential, which should have a wider scope than covering pure manufacturing
· Candidates should possess excellent communication skills, strong leadership capabilities, with proven skills in implementing and maintaining first class systems and processes
· Knowledge of SAP would be preferred.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, you are encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity by forwarding your curriculum vitae and letter of application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The company has retained Listgrove to manage this project on their behalf and all third party applications will be forwarded for their attention. Fees will not be payable to recruitment consultancies that send speculative candidate applications.
To apply please contact Conrad Taylor
0044(0) 1789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove has offices in Stratford-upon-Avon, Düsseldorf, Lyon, Barcelona, Milan,
Amsterdam, Malmö and Dubai
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Visit us at the following exhibitions in 2017 & 2018: Interpack, Moulding Expo, fip Solutions, Kunststoffen, Interplas,
Fakuma, PlastMilan, Compounding World
Apply for Operations Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly