My client is a leading flexible packaging manufacturer supplying to the food and beverage, and medical/pharmaceutical sectors. They are now looking to appoint a SHEQ Manager to join them to manage the performance of SHEQ activities in pursuit of overall company objectives. You will be responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of SHEQ management systems and procedures to enhance business operations and efficiencies.
- The manning and efficient running of the Quality Assurance Department and maintenance of the full calibration records of all Q.A. equipment.
- Minimise waste and maximise levels of customer satisfaction by the implementation of robust root cause analysis and sustainable corrective and preventative actions.
- Preparation of a monthly complaints log summary for submission to the Board.
- In conjunction with departmental management, actively promote and encourage awareness of safety in the working environment.
- Responsible for documenting HSE records and liaising with both internal and external stakeholders with regard to inspections and third party audits.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance on matters related to workplace safety including assisting in the development of department specific safety manuals and forms advising of proper record keeping.
- Provide interpretation of SHEQ legislation, enforce SHEQ legislation. Ensure the Operations Director is informed of any failure to meet these regulations.
- To record and analyse all accidents to identify trends and significant specific hazards and to make appropriate recommendations to Departmental Management.
- Design and deliver SHEQ induction and training programmes.
- You will report into the Operations Director and have a small team of 3-4 Quality and Health and Safety specialists to manage. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build an outstanding career within this business.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing site, with knowledge of the packaging sector ideally, with experience of organising and maintaining quality assurance procedures.
- Candidates for this role should be educated to NEBOSH diploma level or equivalent, IEMA Associate Certificate or equivalent.
- Related degree, Internal Auditor ISO 9001 and 14001 desirable but not essential.
- The successful individual will ideally have a print, plastic. packaging or food manufacturing background and be keen to join a forward thinking team where achievements are rewarded and remunerated.
- Minimum 2 years SHEQ management in manufacturing environment, ISO 9001/14001, with experience of interpreting HSE legislation and implementing practical policies and procedures aligned to business standards.
- Knowledge of the packaging industry, budgetary skills, understanding of Lean manufacturing and analytical problem solving techniques is desired, but not essential.
- Have proficient interpretation skills for; figures, statistics, regulations and policies.
- Have good supervisory, management and networking capabilities.
- To communicate with internal and external clients.
- Enthusiasm and determination combined with a pragmatic approach to your work are essential traits for this person.
- The group is poised for future growth and are looking for high-calibre forward thinking individuals to take the business forward.
If you believe you have the correct skill-set for this role and want to join a business that values their employees and invests in their future please send your CV and salary expectations to;
email@example.com or alternatively call +44(0)113 320 2430 for a Private & Confidential discussion.