External Key Account Manager - Packaging
NEW VACANCY! (PK5339)
EXTERNAL KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER - NORTH EAST
Up To £45K + On Target Bonus (Pool of 15% - 20%, Max Payout 30% - 40%) + Company Car (Max 2 litre Diesel Audi A3/4, VW Passat or Equivalent - Personal Mileage Excluded) + Pension Scheme (Employer Contribution Ranging From 6 to 13%) + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + 6x Basic Salary Death in Service Life Assurance
Our client is an international manufacturer of packaging systems selling particularly into juice, dairy and fruit product sectors. They are currently looking to recruit an External Key Account Manager to join their team.
The role will be to manage approximately 60% existing accounts and 40% targeting new business, the successful candidate will work closely with the Managing Director managing a €30M account and also manager 2 other accounts worth €2M each; clients are based in the UK and Ireland.
A full training programme will be provided on the client’s product range.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Comfortable dealing with all levels of Customer organisation, able to view the partnership from their eyes
- Strong at building Customer Relationships – balanced with achieving the strategic and business goals
- Capable of understanding market and competitive situations and how to use that information to best promote the company
- Able to generate a convincing vision of a Value Proposition – clearly addressing Customers Pain Points
- Comfortable with a mixed workload of managing existing accounts and hunting for new business
- A good networker with a structured approach to internal and external contacts.
- Capable and effective negotiator, able to close win win deals
- Customer contact and care: single point of contact to the customer, builds up a long term trusting relationship with the customer
- Responsible for achieving the planned and expected gross profit for his/her customer accounts
- Customer care starting from the initial contact, to setting up the fillers, start of production, "lifetime support" including complaint and claim management
- Design and implement concepts for continuous business improvement, in close coordination with marketing based on the Product solutions they are able to propose
- Provide input to Group and Marketing on customers expected future needs, as well as competitor's commercial and product offerings
- Negotiate the prices & conditions for sleeves, spouts, filling machines, upgrades and optimizations, build the business cases and sell them internally
- Responsible for forecasting the expected customer account development and plan the volume and price development for your area accordingly
- Collaborate with service, service account managers, project account managers, pre-print, Supply Chain and all other supporting functions for your customers
- Targeted aquisition of new customers in collaboration with Marketing / Area Management
- Calculate the investment and margin of filling machine projects including sleeves and fitments - using the provided Tools
- Prepare and hold Customer presentations in collaboration with marketing
- Write and administer customer meeting minutes and manage other supporting documentation - special attention to use of CRM
- Documentation of customer reports and negotiated conditions