Structural Conceptual Designer (junior/graduate level)
To deliver innovative packaging design that provides our European customers with first to market opportunities for new products and materials. Whilst remaining aware of commercial and practical constraints, the main aim is to push boundaries, always keeping the end consumer. As an ambassador for the business, customer service should always be at the forefront of your thoughts.
• To take the lead with design projects as requested by our customers, Confident in translating a written brief, and structuring an engaging design proposal.
• To support the Structural design teams, balancing the technical benefits of packaging, with the benefits for the end consumer, and market insight.
• To possess a good overall understanding of manufacturing capabilities, both within our business and externally.
• To support Ideation sessions, confident in visualising your own thoughts, and those of others through sketch and mind mapping.
• Generate emotionally engaging conceptual ideas for carton board-based packaging in both 2D and 3D that interpret the brand values and fit the ambition of the brief.
• Develop engaging graphic and branding concepts to bring alive structural packaging ideas.
• Produce good quality artwork for digitally printed mock ups using our state of the art print equipment.
• To have a keen interest in keeping abreast of the latest packaging and machinery trends.
• To develop first to market packaging innovation based on our production capability.
• To monitor the market and report on trends or developments that could offer commercial opportunities to the group.
• Explore and make recommendations on technical advances within the overall remit of the role.
• Obtain good understanding of production capabilities of all sites - internal and external
• Confidently present conceptual ideas to selected customers.
• Have a genuine interest in food, understanding food trends.
· Development and maintenance of relationships with customers and other external contacts.
· Accuracy of all documentation.
· Fast passed response on all tasks.
· Quality of work produced.
· Bachelor degree or equivalent in Industrial design
· 1-2 years’ experience within a packaging manufacturing environment.
· Computer skills including comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign. MS Office, Experience in Artois CAD would be beneficial, however training can be provided.
· High Ability in sketch visualization, both digital and manual.
· Flexibility to Travel
· A design portfolio demonstrating proven experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
· A Highly Creative thinker.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Outstanding organisation and influencing skills.
· Exceptional attitude towards customer service.
• Reliable and flexible with a strong work ethic.
• Able to effectively prioritise and adapt to a variable workload.
• Punctual, presentable and with good attendance.
• Experienced in dealing with pressure in a very fast paced environment.
• Able to multi-task and manage one’s own time.
• Pro-active and “can do” attitude is essential.
• Always be prepared to go the extra mile.
• Regard team work as an essential part of their day.
COMPANY CORE VALUES
· Integrity - Acts with honesty in actions and in communicating with others. Leads by example. Keeps promises, meets commitments and takes pride in work. Respects policies and lives up to the trust others place in them.
· Relationships - Has a positive attitude. Communicates in an open and direct manner. Considers the needs of others before taking action. Uses differences as an opportunity to explore new ideas, increase understanding and combine strengths.
· Accountability - Takes personal responsibility for doing the job to the best of their ability. Acts with initiative, learns from experiences, shares knowledge and strives to continually improve performance. Is dependable and can be counted on to deliver results. Looks out for the safety of others. Effectively utilizes resources.
· Teamwork - Shares goals and works with others to achieve them. Encourages others to be involved and supports their ideas. Helps others without being asked. Reaches across departments and Business Units to increase knowledge and gain experience.
· Respect - Values the unique skills and abilities of others. Actively listens to other employee's ideas and honours diverse opinions. Appreciates everyone's contributions and recognizes accomplishments. Shows common courtesy to others and customers. Actively works to maintain an environment that is open, honest, supportive and fulfilling.