Plastics Business Development Manager
NEW VACANCY (PK5354)
PLASTICS BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER –PERSONAL CARE & TOILETRIES
ANY UK LOCATION
Circa £50K + Bonus + Pension + Car + 25 Days + Statutory Holidays
Our client is a custom designer and manufacturer of injection and blow moulded plastic packaging for a prestigious blue chip customer base. The company’s strategy is to focus on brand owners and OEMs who will benefit from and value an innovative, design-led approach.
They are seeking to appoint an energetic and proven New Business Development Manager who will proactively identify and win bespoke injection moulded business preferably in personal care, skincare, haircare & household toiletries markets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To identify, target and develop new business opportunities in line with Commercial Plan (to include some existing customers but with an emphasis on new prospects).
- To develop relationships with key decision makers (at various levels and across different functions) within customers and key prospect companies.
- To identify and understand both customer and consumer needs to enable the company to offer appropriate packaging solutions.
- To report on packaging trends in target market sectors and to work closely with the design department, to propose innovative packaging formats.
- To play an active role in the formulation company sales strategy.
- To lead the costing, pricing and contract negotiations with prospect companies to ensure maximum contribution is achieved for the company.
- To devise and implement clear sales plans to achieve agreed sales budget targets.
- To monitor and maintain profitability of product portfolio through price and raw material cost adjustments.
- To proactively assist with marketing communication (e.g. trade shows, website and social media).
- To contribute to setting of annual sales budgets.
- Educated to a high level.
- Be currently working in a sales, account management or business development capacity, within an injection or blow moulding packaging environment.
- A proven track record of selling into non-food market sectors.
- Some technical capabilities or proven experience in new product development would be beneficial.
- Door opener; persistent and resilient.
- Resourceful; flexible and imaginative.
- Good interpersonal skills; superior presentation skills.
- Creative, with an understanding of the design process.
- Technical appreciation important.
- Goal orientated plus methodical approach.
- Element of entrepreneurial flair plus ability to take risks.
- Commercially astute.
- Self-starter; able to set priorities plus personal targets.