NEW VACANCY! (PK5361)
COMPLIANCE MANAGER WEST YORKSHIRE
£Negotiable dependent on experience + Pension Scheme + Life Assurance Protection Scheme + Other Benefits
Our Client are an award winning manufacturer of printed packaging for leading blue chip companies, famous brands, contract packers and industry worldwide supplying key market sectors including Food & Beverage, FMCG, Personal Care, Automotive, Household and Healthcare among many others.
Our client are currently seeking an additional Compliance Manager to join their Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality team at their Head Office.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual with a desire to promote improvements and implement standards and compliance initiatives to ensure the company meet the demands of clients and continue to build long term success.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining a robust quality inspection/standard programme through the manufacturing facility.
- Working closely alongside and supporting the QA Manager, to ensure improvement actions are implemented and closed within agreed timescales.
- Conducting random quality inspections of incoming and outgoing goods, whilst controlling non-conforming products, investigations and carrying out risk-management.
- Manage safe systems of work and ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Monitor and maintain the processes in the production and publication of company procedures and supporting forms, structure and effectiveness of the company Business Management System. This includes Data/Root Cause Analysis, Auditing (corrective and improvement action) and report writing.
- Support customer visits on-site/off-site.
- Ensure company systems are compatible with environmental standards and legislation, including conformity to Group policies and practices.
The ideal candidate will;
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Have excellent time management/multi-tasking skills/ Able to prioritise effectively.
- Have knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, BRC/IoP Global Standard Food Packaging standards and PS9000:2016.
- Have broad experience of carrying out third party audits (on suppliers’ sites).
- Have excellent reporting skills.
- Have excellent IT skills (MS Office and SharePoint).
- Be comfortable building and maintaining effective client relationships.
- Have confidence in dealing with large, corporate clients.
- Have exemplary levels of attention to detail.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be target driven with an ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Be used to dealing with suppliers and maintaining a demanding regime of accuracy and excellence.
- Be methodical, precise and be able to maintain accurate record systems and report accordingly.
To be successful in this “hands on” role, you will need to be a fully qualified quality professional