Production Manager - Packaging
PRODUCTION MANAGER – PACKAGING (PK5363)
NORTH WEST (Please contact me for further location details)
Up to Circa £40K (Depending on Experience) + 30 Days Holiday Including Bank Holidays + Pension + Profit Share after 12 Months Service
Our client is a leading packaging manufacturer based in the North West, they are currently looking to recruit a Production Manager to Plan, co-ordinate and control the manufacturing process. Ensure that product is produced efficiently; that it is of the right quality, quantity, and cost. Ensuring the products are produced on time, to the satisfaction of the customer at the right price.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for up to 15 staff.
- Oversee the production process, solving issues outside of scope of Team Leaders.
- Constantly challenge the norm and look at ways to improve the production process via people, procedures and machines.
- Ensure factory personnel are skilled, empowered and accountable.
- Instil basic manufacturing principles into factory – right product, right quality at lowest cost.
- Draft timescales for jobs and estimate costs.
- Build closer, more effective relationship between Production and Sales via robust Sales/Ops meeting including all relevant factory management.
- Ensure Production meetings take place on a weekly basis and actions are followed up by production staff.
- Ensure all in factory have an understanding of customer needs and demands, thus embedding a customer focussed environment.
- Ensure quality standards being adhered to at all times via revision of quality procedure and training of such procedure.
- Work with team leaders to implement the company's policies and goals.
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Work closely with H&S support to ensure a safe factory both culturally and procedurally.
- Ensure Lean initiatives are followed and embedded within culture.
- Inform engineering support of priority jobs needed to be done.
- Ensure Planned Preventative Maintenance carried out by an Engineer.
- Develop budgets and approve expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labour and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Review the performance of Production Team, including communication of such via performance boards.
- Identify training needs of all production personnel.
- Ensure production staff are trained to a consistently high standard.
- Work closely with Trainers and facilitate training reviews as and when necessary.
- Facilitate revision and implementation of the company’s Training Structure within production arena.
- Facilitate SOP (Safe Operating Procedures) documentation.
- Facilitate development of Team Leaders.
- Facilitate revision and implementation of production recruitment process.