NEW VACANCY! (PK5372)
THERMOFORM SETTER EAST ANGLIA
Competitive salary and benefits package
2 Shifts over 24 hrs - Monday to Friday: 6am -6pm, 6pm -6am
Occasional Saturday and Sunday morning overtime paid at time and half
Job Type: Full-time
Achieve and exceed set KPI targets within a department of high speed bespoke vacuum forming and thermoforming, in both thin and heavy gauge, for protective packaging. Materials used include PVC, APET, HIPS, HDPE, and PP from 150 micron to 8mm. The company has in house CAD & CNC technologies and also in house tooling. They hold ISO9001:2000 and works to QS900, Kaisan and Kanban requirements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Installation and set-up of thermoforming tooling on a variety of machinery.
- Optimise settings and maintain production plan, ensure quality of finished product while keeping production area clean and tidy.
- Supervision of staff including operators and material handlers.
- Ensure all Health and Safety procedures are followed and housekeeping and hygiene within allotted cell is kept to a high standard.
- Trouble shooting activities to ensure KPI targets are met and product quality is consistent with set standards.
- Set the standard via first off product sign off.
- Good general standard of education.
- Engineering qualifications would be desirable.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a similar role within thermoforming working on Illig, Geiss or similar.
- CNC Trimming machine experience is also desirable Belotti, Geiss or similar.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Be organised and able to prioritise
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good effective communication skills
- Direct and honest approach