New Product Development + Packaging Assistant - Luxury Cosmetics
4 days left
- Full Time
· Assist the NPD Manager to deliver of the overall new product development strategy. Have an active interest in new cosmetic trends and competitor launches to feed into the overall development.
· Independently construct critical paths to deliver Existing Product Development and Packaging projects on time. Work with the relevant teams, such as operations and purchasing, to ensure the timings stay on track.
· Assist the NPD Manager to manage the feedback process on new formulations, and work with the labs to organize product testing quickly and efficiently.
· Work with multiple internal and external teams to manage the different projects, such as marketing, sales, and external contractors.
· Use basic regulatory knowledge of the industry to ensure that products are developed in line with market requirements.
· Support the NPD manager to ensure that all testing is completed on time before product launch, and that technical files, such as Safety Assessments are complete.
· Assist the NPD Manager with organising product and claim testing, for both NPD’s and EPD’s where relevant.
· Assist the NPD Manager on the development of gifting and limited editions, for example Christmas gifting and GWP’s.
· Help with the creation of product marketing slides, working with marketing and the sales directors to meet their deadlines for customers.
· Support delivery and execution of new packaging briefs in line with new product development, with consideration to costs, design, lead-times and testing.
· Regularly review existing packaging, seeking improvements and updates. Work with the NPD Manager and Operational team to implement these changes.
· Work closely with the Operational team to implement changes to Bills of Materials (BOM’s), and realise the impact on such changes on wider business.
· Manage packaging specifications, ensuring of necessary documents are up to date and completed before product launch.
· Track and monitor packaging trends and innovations, sharing insights with the NPD Manager.
· Help manage the design and artwork process of new and existing products, with consideration to project timings and costs. Manage pre-production samples, and help organise print-trials, sealing trials and fill trials where necessary.
· Attend relevant packaging fairs and develop relationships with new and existing packaging suppliers, building an extensive knowledge on suppliers in the industry.
· Work with PR and Marketing to in-corporate pre-launch samples into the projects CPA.
· With the help of the NPD Manager, implement an effective artwork system to ensure that the correct and most up to date artwork is easily accessible and in circulation for all relevant stakeholders to access. With this system manage the artwork approval process with the relevant management for NPD’s, gifting etc.
· With the help of the NPD Manager, help implement a formal change control process that captures all changes to existing formulations, packaging and manufacturing methods. Help to manage the impact of these changes on the business, as well as 3rd Party suppliers.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· 1 - 3 years experience in a similar NPD type role.
· Experience in working within a critical path, and knowledge on how to formulate a CPA / timeline.
· Knowledge of the packaging process and experience in dealing with packaging suppliers is desired.
· Knowledge on basic product formulations and experience with working with actives and ingredients would be beneficial.
· Passion for beauty + skincare.
· Passion and knowledge on natural ingredients.
· Positive and proactive attitude.
· Highly organised with a strong attention to detail.
· Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and different teams.
· Ability to build effective relationships both internally and externally.
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work in an entrepreneurial , small team with desire to go over and above the job role when required.
Apply for New Product Development + Packaging Assistant - Luxury Cosmetics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Retail Packaging Technologist jobs in London (Central)
- Brand management and repro Packaging Technologist jobs in London (Central)
- FMCG Packaging Technologist jobs in London (Central)
- Luxury Packaging Technologist jobs in London (Central)
- Beauty and cosmetics Packaging Technologist jobs in London (Central)