My client is a leading packaging business, manufacturing products for the industrial and consumer sectors. Due to growth and expansion they are currently recruiting an Operations Manager, to join the Senior Management team, with responsibility of industrial packaging operations. The business is part of a larger international packaging group with manufacturing sites globally.
- You will be responsible for all the day to day manufacturing and operation lead across: Production, Warehousing, Planning, Engineering, Quality and Health & Safety.
- You will be responsible for the control of the operations within the plant to optimise throughput and efficiency whilst minimising waste and ensuring customer expectations for quality and delivery are met on time and in full.
- Develop a strategy to sustain development in terms of operational efficiencies with a focus on continuous improvement disciplines (i.e. Lean or Six Sigma).
- You will have the commercial aptitude to adapt to market fluctuations and demands adapting the business to meet the business needs and growth.
- Key to your success will be the ability to harness the support of a strong workforce, retaining a culture which encourages development.
- You will have operational management experience of over 5 years preferably in a manufacturing environment - Plastics, Paper, Metal packaging.
- Track record of implementing lean production techniques to drive efficiencies.
- Demonstrable strength in the ability to; manage, direct, guide and measure people and the ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Willing to adapt to change, be flexible and contribute knowledge in the concept of team working.
The group is poised for further growth and are looking for a high-calibre forward thinking individual to take the business forward operationally.
If you think that you have the correct skill-set for this role and want to join a dynamic company who value their employees and invest in their future, please send your CV and up to date package details to; email@example.com.