Packaging Technologist - Cosmetics
You will be responsible for supporting the implementation of all required testing to satisfy the needs of Package Test Protocols ,Test Methods, & Development Test Protocols. Externally you will be responsible for ensuring that projects and processes are compliant with company requirements and for on time delivery of the project execution. The role will require overseas travel and hence the ability to travel is essential.
• Ensure that all projects are progressed and results are documented in accordance with the requirements of Technical Readiness and results attached to the product dossier.
• Validate supplier capability through line trials / Demi Grandes.
• Support all group activities to include On Time in Full ,Standardisation & Simplification, Fill rate.
• Ensure that Logistics data is available and that actions that are agreed with central coding are acted upon.
• Work with the Packaging Concept Development team within the Packaging Framework to ensure flawless execution.
• Lead projects through execution to implement best practices and challenge processes where relevant to improve agility in New Product Development and provide opportunities for rationalisation..
• Knowledge and experience of the technologies within the relevant product category to influence and improve the product supply chain.
• Knowledge of the factors that support the wider goals for safety, quality and productivity.
• Basic understanding of technologies used by suppliers.
• Able to demonstrate clear analytical approach to problem solving using the appropriate tools and resources.
• Basic level of knowledge of the technologies used in plastics, glass and paper / carton manufacturing and processing.
• Basic knowledge of all printing processes used within the cosmetics industry.
• Basic level of knowledge of the effect of packaging design on the equipment
• An understanding and experience in developing plastic packaging.
• Are ideally educated to Degree/HNC/IOP packaging diploma level.
• Basic knowledge of injection moulding tooling, its construction and limitations.
• Have experience in, or have knowledge of, machinery used in the filling of cosmetic components
• Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and bespoke business software systems.
• Advanced level of competency in Word and Excel and knowledge of MS Project.
• Understanding of the consequences of the individual’s actions on the final execution in terms of cost, time and quality.