Business Development Manager
NEW VACANCY! (PK5416)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER SCOTLAND
£Dependent on experience + Bonus + Laptop + Phone + Car Allowance + 5% Pension
Our client is a flexible packaging specialist in Europe, supplying a range of printed and plain films, bags and sacks with a focus on the food, agricultural and industrial sectors.
Now recruiting a forward thinking New Business Development Manager. Home based with one day in the office every few weeks. Covering Southern Scotland and Glasgow.
Accountabilities / Core Activity / Result Criteria:
- Market Research - Following developments in the designated area, competitors’ activities and customer needs etc.; advising the supervisor to ensure maximum advantage is taken of these developments; making proposals regarding potential accounts, arrangements, prices, etc. Useful information has been provided in a timely and complete manner.
- Customer Portfolio - Actively searching for and approaching customers; presenting ideas and opportunities to increase revenue and brand recognition; moving customers to start relationships and offering quotes; making arrangements for conditions, within a set scope. This must be discussed in the business unit. Optimised customer service, so that a more efficient and effective customer service is achieved whilst maintaining the highest quality.
- Relationship Management - Independently cultivating, maintaining and expanding the good will with customers; carrying out after-sales activities; responding to desires and complaints; representing the organisation at meetings, conferences and the special events or activities of certain relations; monitoring the follow-up of agreements made with the sales support staff. Sales targets have been met by approaching potential and existing customers; customers’ needs and desires have been translated to suitable product proposals; customer satisfaction is high.
- Registration and Reporting - Writing visit reports; registering the particulars regarding developments in the market and specific customers; registering agreements with the customer in salesforce. Details needed to process orders are provided correctly and completely to the invested parties; new information and amendments are communicated according to protocol.
- Expertise - Maintaining an up-to-date level of expertise. A Business Development Manager with an in-depth knowledge of both the products and the market.
The ideal candidate will have a proven sales background in any of the following - BOPP, PP sacks, paper bags, films, FIBC, nets and hessian.