Structural Designer | Carton Packaging | Nottinghamshire
Fast moving, fast growing packaging specialist based in Nottingham. Due to organic growth and a busy project portfolio they are looking to expand their highly skilled Design team with the addition of an experienced Structural Designer with the skills to enhance their creative offering.
Structural Designer | Carton Packaging | Nottinghamshire | Excellent Salary & Benefits Package
Working with every customer to develop innovative folding carton packaging from traditional to specialist the company supports a wide range of markets, including Food, Confectionery, Toiletries and Household.
Offering a complete in-house service from design to delivery they work in line with ISO, BRC and FSC accreditations and are known for heavily investing in both plant and personnel to ensure they remain ahead of the competition.
A highly specialised position working within a creative and diverse cartons production environment, the successful candidate will benefit from a varied and technically interesting role.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Creating structural designs from concept for large blue chip clients within the food sector
- Taking briefs from clients and creating new design solutions
- Using Artios CAD software and Adobe Creative Suite
- Accurately converting design visuals into working drawings for manufacture
- Creating samples
- Identifying potential design construction issues
Key attributes must include:
- Strong and proven background within structural design for the cartons sector
- Full CAD literacy
- Knowledge of additional software packages such as Adobe advantageous
- Ability to interpret briefs and make recommendations
- Ability to produce 3D renders
- Excellent eye for detail
With a steady expansion plan in place this is a great time to join a dynamic technical department that has a real focus on carton excellence.
Submit your CV to us in the first instance to be considered.