Regional Business Development Manager - Agricultural Sector
NEW VACANCY! (PK5450)
REGIONAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – AGRICULTURAL SECTOR
EAST OF ENGLAND
Starting salary of £30000 plus commission, Company Car, Pension and the usual benefits associated with this type of role.
Our Client is a well-established successful and growing business who supply products to customers in agricultural, chemical, recycling, waste management, building and many more business sectors.
Our client is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager from within either the Agricultural sector. The purpose of this key position is to grow business, through focussing on identifying and successfully acquiring new business opportunities, this is a “hunter” role. The position involves contracts and requires an experienced and talented business development/sales professional with excellent commercial instincts and exceptional client relationship management skills.
Working from your home base the RBDM will be responsible for achieving realistic new business sales targets.It is a full cycle sales role, from planning, through to initial prospect contact, needs identification and qualification, followed by sales negotiation and contract closure.
- Visiting and speaking with clients. Undertake sales visits to new and existing clients which may require frequent travel in UK.
- Assisting them in reviews of their contracts and providing information and advice.
- Managing discussions with them about their future strategy.
- Explaining price rises and new services.
- Ensuring that sales discussions are closed appropriately this requires an understanding of the contracting process and our Terms & Conditions. The Regional Business Development Manager will work closely with the Sales Manager and General Manager to manage the contract process.
- Providing accurate reports and documentation to the Management Team to enable informed decision-making and financial control. It is important that we can measure success.
- Meeting KPI’s and agreed sales targets.
- Must have a minimum of two to three years’ relevant work experience within a similar sales / business development role, along with a thorough understanding of the principles of sales and relationship building.
- Preferred experience of working within the agricultural sector particularly with a focus on packaging for animal feed, seed, root crops, produce.
- Full product training will be given but a client base of contacts in this sector is critical.