Managing Director - Packaging
NEW VACANCY! (PK5459)
MANAGING DIRECTOR - PACKAGING
Up to £100K + Benefits Package TBD
Our client is a manufacturer and supplier of food & associated packaging into major multiple retailers, distributors, cash & carries and wholesalers in the UK.
They are currently looking to recruit a Managing Director as the incumbent Managing Director is retiring. They therefore seek a replacement to re-assess, agree and deliver the strategic agenda for the business to achieve continued and sustained profitable growth. The appointee will have full commercial accountability for the packaging retail & consolidation division and consolidation revenue stream.
Reporting directly to the Owners, the core task will be to drive the company vision and values in order to inspire the people to meet the ambitious growth targets.
Direct Reports: Sales Director, Head of Purchasing, Consolidation Manager, IT Director, Product Development Director, Finance Director
- Accountable for the overall strategy, operational effectiveness and total profitability of the business in order to help realise the company’s aspirations.
- Provide leadership for continued development with a focus on sustainable, profitable growth. Ensure that the company’s people, organisational and manufacturing infrastructure keeps up with the rapid pace of top line growth. Demonstrate leadership in adherence to high standards of integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Through prudent use of capital, deliver sustainable operational advantage and efficiencies across the existing businesses.
- Fully accountable for the performance and ongoing competitive market position based on innovation in quality, design, delivery and customer focus.
- Ensure that the Group’s culture and values are maintained and further strengthened among the employees and also in all dealings with the customers.
- The immediate priorities of the appointee would be:
- Immersion in the business – fully understand its DNA and its culture. Establish credentials, authority and confidence with the owners and devise a strong working relationship with them.
- Gain an immediate understanding of current company performance including trading patterns with the major customers and the current market dynamics.
- Build a clear picture of the competitive landscape and begin to anticipate trends and exploit opportunities while minimising threats.
- Provide inspirational leadership and motivate the team to devise and deliver against ambitious but stretching targets in the current budget year.
- Establish oneself as the ‘figurehead’ of the business both internally and with customers and suppliers.
*Full job description available on request