Exciting opportunity created through growth & a new centralised function to take advantage of our global buying power to source all our products more cost-effectively and in the same way from a wide range of international suppliers. And we’re distributing them more efficiently through a single, simplified, company-wide logistics network. With greater control over our supply chain, we can set prices consistently across all our brands using the insight and expertise of our people, with less influence from suppliers or local markets.
We develop unique retail brands, managing everything from design to packaging and strategy. The solutions are high quality, low cost and long-lasting.
We are looking to recruit a Packaging Technologist to join our fantastic Brand & Packaging team. As Packaging Technologist, your role will be responsible for implementing and delivering the Structural Packaging strategy. This role works with Range, Manufacturing, Industrial Design, and Brand to develop high quality packaging solutions that are the "face" of our brands and the 'jewellery case' of our products. The Packaging technologist investigates and implements industry best practices in packaging design across a range of product sizes, weights and combinations ensuring our sustainable agenda is met whilst optimising our supply chain efficiency.
- Captures the needs of brand, consumer, product experience and constraints of the supply chain and turns them into clear Packaging Design Briefs that identify value added opportunities
- Defines upfront project success criteria (innovation, affordability, quality and timing) and drive clarity throughout each project
- Briefs packaging design agencies where relevant & suppliers and leads the development of technical solutions through proof-of-concept to first industrialization for each project
- Delivers technical specifications & ensure industrial scale qualification of the total packaging system from incoming raw materials to finished product quality
- Efficiently manages our rota of selected packaging manufacturers to deliver new sustainable structural packaging solutions supporting each product category
- Ensures that packaging solutions are fit for purpose across all our operating brands and delivered at the optimum cost
- Applies project management to manage all deliverables of a pack development on time and at quality
- Degree within a relevant field would be desirable, but not essential as candidate with relevant experience will be considered
- Membership to a relevant business organisation again would be advantageous
- Commercially aware with experience within the retail/manufacturing sectors
- Experience of dealing with international suppliers
- AdHoc Travel will be required within this role.
· Influence – has presence and impact, is influential such that they develop rapport and credibility with those around them
· Managing change – Takes the lead, communicates goals in a clear and consistent manner which inspires and enthuses; sets and upholds high standards; provides absolute clarity of outcomes but empowers and trusts people to deliver
· Collaboration – going beyond boundaries, strategic networker, seeks win-win solutions
Drives business performance – enables high performance, sets stretching targets aligned to business goals seeks high standards, motivates and develop others – identifying and promoting talent, provides feedback, coaching support and empowers others