Production Planner - Packaging
PK5453 - PRODUCTION PLANNER –PACKAGING
£ Competitive (Depending on Experience) + 23 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Company Pension Scheme
Hours Of Work – 8:30am to 5:00pm with a 30 minute lunch break
Our client is a packaging manufacturer based in the Midlands, they are currently looking to recruit a Planner to be responsible for the day to day scheduling of the Company’s manufacturing machinery.
- Maintain schedule of jobs for each machine so as to:
- Ensure delivery of completed jobs on time
- Maximise machine running hours
- Take advantage of efficiencies between jobs
- Import of new jobs into planning system and allocation to machinery.
- Daily revisions to the manufacturing schedule to reflect changing circumstances and new priorities.
- Maintain long term plan with jobs allocated to likely production windows.
- Generation of capacity information including:
- Determination of whether new work can be accommodated at short notice
- Determination of leadtimes
- Identification of capacity issues as new jobs are loaded.
- Maintain detailed view of status of components required for jobs to go live including:
- Prior conversion operations
- Liaison with suppliers to progress material and other deliveries required for production.
- Develop detailed knowledge of machinery to enable:
- Refinement of running data
- Utilise interchangeability of jobs between machines
- Identify problem jobs
- Liaison with transport department to provide details for daily load planning.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Have some experience of planning / scheduling in a manufacturing environment.
- Be capable of careful analysis and logical decision making.
- Have good IT skills.
Apply for Production Planner - Packaging
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly