Transport Planner - Packaging
PK5454 TRANSPORT PLANNER
MIDLANDS (Please contact me for further location details)
£22K - £25K
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 5:30pm
Our client is a packaging manufacturer based in the Midlands, they are currently looking to recruit a Transport Planner to join their team. Our client will consider a Junior Candidate who is IT Literate who they can train up.
Daily planning of loads for the transport fleet comprising:
- 1 x Artic
- 2 x Rigid 18T / 26T
- 3 x 7T
- 2 x Sprinter vans
Daily process to include:
- Confirming point of delivery
- Booking in with delivery point for the agreed delivery time
- Checking load weights to ensure adherence to Vehicle capacities
Regular communication required with Production to ensure transport plan aligns with the current production position.
Any production delays will need to be incorporated into the transport plan.
The organisation of transport covers the company plus ad-hoc requirements from other Group companies.
Regular communication required with Logistics supervisor to ensure communication of loads with drivers and adherence to drivers hours regulations.
Sourcing of external transport as and when required. Focus required to minimise cost of external transport.
Required Knowledge - Applicants Should Have:
- Some experience of the scheduling of transport in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of regulations surrounding drivers hours and the Working Time Directive
- Knowledge of VOSA obligations
- Some experience of commercial vehicle maintenance and repairs
Apply for Transport Planner - Packaging
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly