Desk Based Stock Controller / Customer Services Role - Packaging
NEW VACANCY! (PK5463)
DESK BASED STOCK CONTROLLER / CUSTOMER SERVICES ROLE - PACKAGING
YORKSHIRE (Please contact me for further location details)
Up to £24K + 29 Days Holiday Including Bank Holidays
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm (1 Hour For Lunch)
Our client is a leading packaging manufacturer; they currently have an exciting opportunity for a Stock Controller / Customer Services Representative to join the internal Sales Support Team, managing the expectations of the customer whilst working closely with planning, transport and production ensuring that stocks are kept at an acceptable level.
The role involves many areas of the business and entire supply chain, allowing the successful candidate valuable access to differing business functions to develop their experience with the manufacturing sector. This role involves multiple responsibilities including desk based stock control, working with spreadsheets / excel, responsible for your own customer base, managing their requirements and stock needs and importantly building relationships with customers.
A strong customer services background is essential as this is a key part of the Role
- To ensure comprehensive quality checks are followed and understood to achieve compliance as a minimum with the ISO 9001 standard.
- To ensure environmental management procedures are followed to achieve compliance with ISO 14001 standard.
- To ensure all management procedures are followed in line with all the company’s Health, Safety and BRC procedures.
- Housekeeping is of paramount importance and you are to ensure you are working in a clean and safe environment.
- You are to communicate regularly with your Supervisor / Manager and raise any issues immediately that need actioning or resolving.
- Company clothing must be worn at all times during the working shift and where applicable the relevant PPE must also be worn in the correct manner.
- To manage the total product supply chain from forecasting to discontinuation of products with the main focus being on customer service and achievement of stock availability targets.
- Responsible for your own customer base maintaining service levels through excellent communication skills, liaising with suppliers and customers as well as internal departments in order to ensure stock holding targets are constant.
- Closely monitor and report any slow moving stocks so that appropriate action can be taken quickly and effectively.
- To make sure the right stock is in the right place at the right time.
- Adopting a highly logical approach you will interrogate any stock discrepancies and investigate through to resolution.
- Responsible for monthly stock takes and reconciliation of stock.
- Effective day to day management of all duties.
- The effective and efficient performance of all additional ad hoc duties which may be designated to the post holder from time to time by the management team in furtherance of the business and it needs.
- Reporting to the Office Manager.
- Computer literate (must be proficient on MS Excel).
- Experience in stock replenishment.
- Experience of managing a number of relationships internally and externally.
- Understanding of end to end supply chain.
- Defining and implementing process improvement.
- Ability to anticipate problems before they happen and ability to deliver solutions in advance.
- Excellent team worker but equally adept at working alone.
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential.
Apply for Desk Based Stock Controller / Customer Services Role - Packaging
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly