Operations Manager (Production Scheduling & Materials Purchasing) - Packaging
OPERATIONS MANAGER (PRODUCTION SCHEDULING & MATERIALS PURCHASING)
EAST MIDLANDS / EAST ANGLIA (Please contact me for further location details)
Up to £35K - £40K (Depending on Experience) + Bonus + 26 Days Holiday + Pension + Death In Service
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday, 8:45am to 5:00pm and Friday, 8:45am to 4:45pm
Our client is a manufacturer for the construction, packaging, print & display markets and are one of the leading sustainable suppliers in Europe. They are currently looking to recruit an Operations Manager, who will have overall management of production scheduling and materials purchasing.
- Reporting to the Operations Director
- You will have 2 direct reports, the company have potential future plans for changing the company structure that would allow this to expand to a greater number of people.
- Ensure all products are delivered to their customers on time by scheduling and monitoring the manufacturing and production process.
- Ensure your team always have the correct material for production by ensuring materials are delivered on time and inventories are kept correctly.
- Ensure materials are on time and at a good price by building strong relationships with their suppliers.
- Make their business profitable by creating, confirming and monitoring purchase orders. Being aware of and reacting to price changes and resolving invoice discrepancies.
- Improve the department by identifying better ways to work and by building relationships with other departments to understand how they can improve things together.
- Maintain easy access to information by maintaining accurate records of items purchased, costs and delivery.
- Work closely with Production Manager to ensure best practice throughout Manufacturing Process.
- Two years or more of buying in a similar industry.
- Two years or more of scheduling experience.
- A good working knowledge of a supply chain and the manufacturing and production process.
- A good working knowledge of buying and ordering processes.
- A good working knowledge of production planning, material requirements planning.
- A good knowledge of MRP systems, inventory control, purchasing and production scheduling.
- Be well organised.
- An eye for detail.
- Well organise.
- Good with numbers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with employees, suppliers and customers at all levels.
Experience in a manufacturing environment would be preferred, experience working at a corrugated or box making plant would be advantageous.