An exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join an established solution provider to the coding and marking sector, who thanks to a large investment are set to launch a new coding and marking solution to a wide range of industries.
BENEFITS: 10% Bonus + Contributory Pension + Health Care + 26 Days Holiday
LOCATION: North West
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Liverpool, Manchester, Wrexham, Chester, Preston, Stoke
JOB SPECIFICATION - Software Engineer - Coding and Marking - Laser Printing Systems
The main purpose of the Job is to build and develop software and applications which take industry standard image files and send them at high speed via Ethernet (UDP/TCP IP) to a unique laser printing system. The role will also involve thinking about how the laser printer interfaces with customers or pre-existing print management software to deliver variable images to the system.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO WILL:
·Lead the creation of new products and enhancements to existing products from concept to launch as part of a cross-functional project team.
- Design, implement, and test solutions that result in compelling, easy to use products.
- Development, enhancement and delivery of an industry-leading product.
- Create and manage project plans for software development
- Aid in the software development of future systems
· Develop software strategy based on the business needs
· Identify potential 3rd parties to aid with software development
· Manage 3rd parties and cross functional teams to deliver software development
· Assess limitation in the current software solution
· Assist in IP and new ideas generation
· Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development life cycle.
· Develop features across multiple subsystems within our applications, including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and deployment
· Understand how our applications operate, are structured, and how customers will use them
· Provide engineering support when building, deploying, configuring and supporting systems for customers
· Participate with the engineering and operations teams to define plans for standardising, scaling and enhancing our products and the services utilised to deploy/install/release those products
· Investigate, analyse and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications
· Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
· Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
· Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
· Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
· Provide information by collecting, analysing, and summarising development and service issues.
· Accomplish engineering and organisation mission by completing related results as needed.
· Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
REQUIREMENTS - Software Engineer - Coding and Marking - Laser Printing Systems
· Ideally Degree qualified or equivalent in computer science or other relevant discipline
· Commercial software engineering experience of delivered projects
· Ability to plan projects and lead to completion
· Extensive programming experience using C, C++, C# or similar language
· Experience in High speed TCP/UDP networking
· Experience of interfacing into SAP type systems
· Experience of Print drivers, print queues
· Understanding of digital image processing
· Any experience in writing software for digital ink jet type systems would be of particular interest
A forward thinking and growing company in the North West, who have developed a number of unique laser printing systems which deliver something very new to the printing sector, are in the process of commercialising various solutions. Reporting to the Engineer Manager, the Software Engineer will liaise with both internal and external stakeholders to successfully position both the current and future solutions for commercial release. The Software Engineer is a crucial role in delivering the visio