Business Development Manager
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (PK5493)
MIDLANDS, NORTH OF ENGLAND & WALES
Salary Circa £40K + 8% Pension + Expensed Business Mileage + Death in Service
Our client is an independently owned business supplying closures from caps, stoppers, bungs, screw caps, capsules, shives and keystones through to tamper evident sleeves to the UK drinks industry from independent craft brewers and distillers through to large scale breweries and global wine & spirits brands.
There is a current requirement for a home office / field based Business Development Manager with relevant market knowledge to develop the beers, wines and spirits sector.
You will manage significant key accounts within the business as well as handling smaller scale accounts, the focus will also be to research, identify and develop new customers in line with agreed business strategy and plans. Using a structured approach to take the product range to market and convert sales leads into orders.
- Support the Management in the generation of the sales strategy and targets.
- Be able to manage and set own budgets, targets and strategies to help deliver and contribute to the company’s growth.
- Implement the agreed sales development plan, winning new business and managing resources to the agreed budget targets.
- Target and develop new sales relationships to increase sales volume and maximise profitability.
- Provide detailed market analysis (including competitor activity and market trends) to support strategic business development.
- Acquire and maintain a thorough knowledge of the relevant market sectors to identify and exploit business opportunities.
- Project manage the introduction of new customers into the business ensuring their effective handover to the account management teams.
- Provide accurate short, medium and long-term forecasts as necessary to support business planning activities.
- Proactively promote the business and its products in a professional manner and seek to convert new sales leads in new markets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working in a B2B sales environment ideally within the Beers, Wines or Spirits packaging sector
- Budget management.
- Selling skills.
- Communication/presentation skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Product knowledge.
- Good knowledge of the business/manufacturing process.
- Commercial awareness (including estimating/pricing).
- PC skills (include. Powerpoint/excel).
- Project management.
- Market assessment techniques.
- Numerical /Verbal reasoning skills.
- Technical awareness.