Buyer - Packaging
PK5494 - BUYER - PACKAGING
SOUTH EAST (Please contact me for further location details)
£28K - £35K (flexible for the right candidate) + 20 Days Holiday (This increases every 2 years to 23 Days) + Free Parking + Pension
Hours of Work: 8:30am to 5:30pm
Our client is a leading distributor of packaging materials throughout the UK, they provide an extensive range of products including corrugated, film, tape, bubblewrap, strapping, paper products and food packaging into a range of market sectors including: industrial, retail, healthcare, food, automotive, pharmaceutical, e-commerce, hygiene and food markets.
They are currently looking to recruit a Packaging Buyer to join their team, preferably with industrial packaging knowledge and experience gained in a similar role.
Purchasing and category management experience is essential.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- To negotiate and manage a category, of stock and customer bespoke products, with a spend of £8million, across 60 suppliers.
- Negotiate and obtain the best possible nett delivered product cost, without compromising on service or quality.
- Manage the life cycle of bespoke products including the sourcing, pricing, placement, stock holding and turn around within your product category.
- Develop a strong and positive working relationship with your category suppliers.
- Identify and select new suppliers, using best practise and commercial acumen.
- Manage the supply chain, including the forecasting of goods into the business by working closely with the stock control team, to maintain both stock levels and stock availability.
- Responding promptly to product requests, new business quotations, tenders and enquiries from the Sales team.
- To proactively be aware of supplier, market and competitor developments to ensure that the company are remaining competitive and at the forefront of product development.
- Liaise with all associated departments to asses and manage supplier performance.
- A commercially-aware purchasing professional.
- The right candidate must be able to demonstrate their product, supplier and category management and show how they are able to adapt to a dynamic environment.
- You will need a high level of problem solving skills, have a good range of IT skills, be forward thinking with the ability to communicate well with internal and external stakeholders.