Head of Product Category and Development
My client is a leading packaging business delivering new types of paper packaging that are truly sustainable and recyclable. Supplying into the multiple grocers, alcoholic beverages, food service customers, food and beverage manufacturers on a global basis. Due to growth they are now recruiting a Head of Category and Development for the UK and Europe.
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies internationally, for full system supply (i.e. consumables and machinery).
- Attending sales pitches with the ability to open and close deals independently.
- Establishing and maintaining customer relationships, being the key point of contact for strategic issues.
- Working with the Product Development Manager and Automation Engineer to ensure successful implementation of the Frugal Bottle assembly machinery.
- Working with the Supply Chain Manager to ensure that appropriate supply protocols are established between the business and their customers.
- Work in conjunction with finance to increase revenue and control costs to maximise margin.
- Liaise with marketing, ensuring that marketing campaigns deliver maximum return on capital.
- Raising awareness of the brand internationally, ensuring tone, delivery and style is consistent with the brand.
- Reviewing and negotiating key commercial contracts.
- Attend international trade exhibitions.
- Networking with colleagues to ensure delivery excellence and maximise cross selling opportunities.
- Previous experience of managing various small to medium size accounts is essential.
- At least 10 years sales experience, with a proven track record of reaching sales targets.
- Preferably in-depth experience and understanding of the juices and dairy markets and or carton board packaging sector.
- Ability to understand and analyse sales performance metrics.
- Project management experience, with an ability to manage workload and priorities Maturity and gravitas to deal with and influence senior decision makers.
- Be polished, professional and sophisticated.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and will be articulate with a high standard of written English and presentation skills.
- Thorough understanding of the importance of brand values.
- Willing to frequently travel internationally.
- Excellent academics.
- Strong listening, influencing and negotiation skills, external and internal.
- Best in class interpersonal & influencing skills with a particular strength in fostering effective win-win peer relationships: working with peers & accepting their views; thinking about how personal actions can affect others; sense/ balance between plant/country objectives and account ones.
- Passionate about building relationships and driving engagement.
- Can do attitude with tenacity & perseverance.
- Performs well and remains composed & motivated under stress.
- An expert with a successful track record of managing and developing strategic accounts.
- Customer centric and will recognise the importance of building effective relationships and developing relevant offers.
- A self-starter, confident communicator, responsive and competent negotiator.
- To be creative in accessing the potential and requirements of the Account for the future.
Should this role be of interest, please send your CV and current package details to: firstname.lastname@example.org or for a private and confidential discussion