NEW VACANCY! (PK5512)
SHIFT SUPERVISOR LANCASHIRE/ MERSEYSIDE
12 hour shifts rotating: 2 on 2 off over 6 days
Salary dependent upon experience and skills plus benefits package
Our client is a leading manufacturer of plastic packaging for food and non-food applications. With 30 odd years specialist manufacture they are a preferred supplier for a significant number of high profile brands and retailers. They work closely with retailers and brand owners at all levels. They are a BRC IOP Accredited site and utilise Lean Manufacturing techniques to ensure best customer service possible.
They are currently looking for a Shift Supervisor to oversee a team of 7 or 8 Machine Operators on shift.
- Manage your shift, keeping safety, quality, and productivity goals in mind
- Enforce and enhance policies and procedures to meet and exceed goals
- Manage and create reports for other departments as required
- Ensure customer/vendor/supplier-related corrective actions are effectively carried out in a timely and proper manner
- Oversee quality, manufacturing, and maintenance procedures. Verify that intended results are being achieved through implementation and training
- Oversee and direct the full manufacturing process to ensure all requirements and standards are complied with
- Improve manufacturing efficiency through employee development and equipment; allowing these improvements to help fuel growth
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in plastics manufacturing required, ideally Injection Molding or Thermoforming setup, processing, and troubleshooting, although other areas or manufacturing will be considered.
- Some engineering qualifications or experience will also be beneficial in this role
- Knowledge of productions processes, plant flows and scheduling processes
- Must have experience supervising a diverse staff that includes temporary personnel
- Ability to manage, lead, coordinate, and discipline quality and process technicians, machine operators, packers, trimmers, set up, and other employees
- A strong safety background is critical, along with a solid quality focus
- Strong problem solving and leadership skills are required
- Team player with good attitude and strong work ethic; must be dependable, with excellent attendance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and inventory/manufacturing software
- Attention to detail, consistency, and accountability are required