Key Account Manager
Our client is a leading international supplier of Packaging products, supplying into food, beverage, household and personal care markets on a global basis. The company is well respected within the industry and the quality of their products and service is of the utmost importance to them. They have multiple manufacturing sites globally and are now looking to appoint a Key Account Manager.
- Reporting to the Sales Director this opportunity will focus on establishing a culture of Key Account Management within the category and implementing and practicing processes/procedures within the business to achieve that.
- Working cross-functionally with the Sales Directors and regional market contacts to demonstrate the value of Key Account Management.
- A strong technical capability within technical packaging will be required for this role and the ability to suggest potential NPD projects to meet customer specifications.
- A thorough understanding of the manufacturing process and supply chain is required to demonstrate a sound understanding when discussing volumes and ensuring that manufacturing can meet customer requirements.
- A pivotal hire for the business, the successful individual will be tasked to deliver a 20% growth rate over the first 3 years, there could be a potential for a successful individual to move into a European Key Account role in the future.
- Forging strong internal relationships is key in this role and transparency across the product portfolio to ensure that customer demands and specifications are met on time and in full.
- Experience of managing Blue-Chip Key Accounts with the UK being the main area of focus.
- You will be ambitious and keen to join a forward thinking business where high achievement is recognised and rewarded.
- You will ideally have experience managing blue-chip customers within the alcoholic beverages, food service or personal care sectors.
- You will be very strong commercially and have a good grasp of managing margins and gaining profitable business.
- You will be passionate about developing new business and understand how to service Blue-Chip accounts and capitalising on NPD offerings within those accounts.
- Communication is imperative within this role and the successful individual with be highly personable with the ability to become an integral part of the senior team.
- Ideally degree qualified, although this is not a prerequisite.
- A strong and collaborative leader you will feel comfortable managing matrix teams across the group and possess an ability to command respect both internally with your peers and externally within the wider industry.
Should this role be of interest, please send your CV and current package details to: firstname.lastname@example.org or for a private and confidential discussion
Please call Helen Kennedy at our Leeds Office on: 0113 394 4950